Some questions from a newbie

Techno123

I was thinking the same thing Hokapontas does the 28th commence at 12:01 in the Antipodes or 12:01 where you actually live?

:eek:

Oooohhh...I guess I thought it was at their office, but who knows?

Many thanks to everyone. The brochure arrived today which is very lovely as JimandStan said it would be - stateroom still not allocated and it doesn't mention the inclusive internet and gratuities nor the prestige drinks package which we purchased. Are these things usually referred to? The speciality dining I wasn't expecting as only booked that this morning - even Oceania aren't that efficient :) The travel agent has made sure that they are specifically referred to on the invoice so I will keep that with my cruise brochure.

Booked mine for Sat and Sun. Have you booked yours yet Hokapontas?

Oh yes, wasn't it an anticlimax? I guess the anticipation was just killing me. I have both Sundays. It is so hard to tell what time you will be hungry on ship.

Now I am on to what to use as money on our trip.

My TA called yesterday to make sure I filled in the Oceania info online so he could prod them about the paperwork. Our TA put our 'added extras' on our original invoice too, just in case.

it doesn't mention the inclusive internet and gratuities nor the prestige drinks package which we purchased. Are these things usually referred to?

When you purchase an amenity before the cruise, there is typically a card on your Stateroom desk announcing that it will be available to you.

If the amenity came to you as a promotion, there will still be a card in the Stateroom, but stating that you are receiving it "through the compliments of Oceania Cruises"

The bookkeeping consists of one or more initial credits to your Cruise Account, each corresponding to the total value of a particular amenity.

Daily usage charges will deplete those initial credits until your balance(s) are zeroed out on the last day of the voyage.

Many thanks JimandStan. Having only done one previous cruise and that with Seabourn where the gratuities and drinks were included I wasn't sure what to expect.

Hokapontas - I am taking euros plus a debit and credit card. Not sure how it works in Australia but I have a credit card I just use for holidays that doesn't put a loading charge on overseas purchases and one of my current accounts has a debit card which doesn't change commission on withdrawals so if we need more cash we can get some from a cash machine when ashore.

Yes, I remember those days when some cards didn't charge you a commission. Now everybody gets a cut. I guess I am choosing between travelex type debit cards, wading through. And doing the same as you.