Pier Locations

KandKB

So how do I know which pier we'll be using on our cruise, or will I? We're sailing on a Nov. 29 cruise on the Constellation from FTL - I know most of the stops there's only one option, but I'm curious which pier we'll use in San Juan as well as our departure pier in FTL. Is there a way to get this info?

Thanks!

In San Juan Celebrity uses one of the piers right in Old San Juan for port of call stops and the more distant Pan Am pier for cruises that begin and end in San Juan.

At other ports with more than one pier you can sometimes find a port/pier schedule on the web site of the local port authority and you can usually find these with a little work on Google. Other than that you can sometimes find out when your cruise gets close by asking people who have just completed the same itinerary earlier in the same season. But you'll never be 100% sure until the ship pulls in and docks.

During the recently ended cruise season, Constellation used no fewer than five different cruise terminals at Port Everglades depending upon day of the week, the number/size of other cruise ships in port, ship provisioning/service requirements, and maintenance/construction activities at port facilities...

When I sailed Constellation last month on her last Caribbean cruise prior to the Transatlantic, we departed from Terminal 29 [on a Saturday] and returned to Terminal 18 on Thursday [Terminal 18--by far the largest and newest of the port's cruise ship facilities--is always reserved for Royal Caribbean's Oasis Of The Seas on Saturdays, Royal's Allure Of The Seas on Sundays, and Celebrity Equinox [which sails on Mondays or Fridays depending upon itinerary]; midweek, it is sometimes used by other Royal and Celebrity ships... If you are driving to and parking at Port Everglades, know that Celebrity will provide complimentary shuttles if the parking deck nearest to the terminal from which you depart is a distance from the terminal at which you arrive; if applicable, a related notice will be published in Celebrity Today once aboard ship...

If you check the following website within a week prior to your departure [earlier checks will yield information that tends to be somewhat tentative], you'll get a pretty accurate idea of the cruise terminal that Constellation will use for your departure but--even then--assignments can and do change...

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

Know that there are enormous electronic signs posting terminal assignments at every port entrance...