Cruising in Febuary.

lojill

We left Illinois on January 30th, 2004 for a Western Caribbean cruise out of New Orleans on January 31st. We left -6° temps with -19° wind chills. New Orleans was unusually cool for them, but much warmer than Illinois. Our first cruise day was a little cool, but by the time we reached Belize, it was in the low 90's and gorgeous! We also went to Cozumel and Costa Maya. We had beautiful weather and I'll always plan my Caribbean cruises in February. I don't think there is any time of the year that will always have perfect weather. Just enjoy!!

De

We had a little bit of rough seas when we went from the Mississppi River into the Gulf of Mexico, but other than that, it was pretty calm. The roughness lasted for a few hours and some people did get sick, but we put on our patches and we were fine. That was the only time anyone had problems with seasickness. That was our first cruise and we had a blast! I can hardly wait for February to get here so we can cruise again.:)

De

Perfect month for sailing the Western Caribbean is February. Weather will be great--not too humid that time of year but nice and warm in the mid 80's. I will be sailing myself Feb. 18-25 to Grand Cayman, Ochos Rios, and Cozumel. Can't Wait.

We too will also be on this very same cruise as yourself. Hope to see ya there! Going is myself, DB & DD's 14 & 17.

Dyanna

lojill, I live south of Charlotte NC, a few miles from the South Carolina border. Yes, it is nice here year around. Hot in July and August (but we don't have to shovel it!). I don't miss all that snow.

What ship are you on in February?

I am hoping we will have great weather as this is our first cruise, our birthdays and 25th wedding anniversary.

Diane

Great itinerary--beware, many kids, and crappy ships for west carrib

all the weeks mentioned above are great. I cruise last year same week- most kids onbaord was only 35 kids. I think you have the Presidents week-which is the week after--which is prime family time.

DOnt know about KeyWest but Cozumel and Belieze were both very warm. no humidity and high 88 with no clouds. awesome weather.

We did too, the last week in February 2002. We lost the first and last day of sunbathing because it was too chilly. And coming back to N.O., we hit some kind of storm that had the ship rocking like crazy...glasses were sliding off tables; people were bumping into each other and into walls, etc. While in the Caribbean, we had perfect weather.

We also sailed to Western Caribbean the last week in February 2000 out of Miami. Perfect weather there and back.

It's a great time of year to cruise.

I have sailed out of New Orleans in February. I would not recommend sailing from this port during the month of February if you are an avid sunbather due to the cool weather on the first and last days at sea. It was not cold by any means, but a little cool to lay out on deck. For those are not avid sunbathers...perfect weather, perfect seas, perfect vacation.:)

Archived