Bon Voyage carnival store

pearle1

Hello all ~ I am looking to have a little surprise in the cabin for my daughters first cruise this summer (she is 13) ~ I was looking at the bon voyage/carnival store on the website and I was thinking either decorating the room with the Bon Voyage streamers, etc ~ or ~ getting the Carnival hooded sweatshirt ~ all bright colors tyed dyed looking with the carnival anchor in the middle ~ the decorations are $30 and the sweatshirt $35.00.

Has anybody ever bought theses items before?? any opinions on which to get?? Thanks!

If she is anything like my teen, I would get the sweatshirt. Go to the dollar tree and pick up a few tropical decorations to decorate the outside of your cabin door. My daughter loved this. We got several comments on it, and we had no problems finding our cabin.

Sweatshirt for sure! :)

I would definitely go with the sweatshirt and possibly the room decorations too if you don't want to bother with finding/assembling your own and just be done with it. We've had our cabin decorated a couple of times and it's a nice surprise. Another idea for door decorations is a banner. There's an on line party supply store that makes custom banners. If you google personalized banners it will come up. We got a vertical, rectangular banner that fit perfectly on the door. It was our son's first cruise and sailing over 4th of July and it looked really nice. I think it was under $20. We hung it on the door with command hooks and it worked out well.

My daughter is 14 and I got her the sweatshirt. She loves the tie dye. We also went to the dollar tree and got decorations for the door. We leave in 9 days, she will be excited to see it in the room. My son is almost 16 so not much in the shop for him so we got him the large box of candy!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Got myself and my daughter the sweatshirt, LOVE it! The cabin decorations are so fun when u open the door and your all excited to be cruising, but as the week wears on they get more and more irritating and gaudy looking and honestly I was ready for them to come down! We do the door decorations and I love that!! Sad taking them down the last day :( Have a great time !!!

Great Ideas everyone ~ thanks! I think I will go with the sweatshirt, and check around for decorating the door.

To the person that bought her daughter the sweatshirts ~ how did you find the sizing on this item??

Thanks again everyone!

PS I love the sweatshirt too! but, not sure my daughter would go for that if I bought myself the same one!:rolleyes:

beberenn ~ isnt that too funny ~ I posted about not being sure if i should get the sweatshirt too ~ and then right after i hit submit for the post ~ I see that you got one for your daughter and yourself!! How did you find the sizing?? (true to size, smaller, bigger??) Thanks so much!! :)

My daughter is 14 and I got her a large cause she likes sweatshirts big. She usually wears a s/m I just hope it's ok. I called the carnival shop about the sizing and they couldn't tell me anything.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi

I got one for my daughter. She loved it. The size was as expected. She wears a medium adult at home and I got a large adult from Carnival so it would be a bit oversized and comfy. It was fine!