Typical day for price changes?

tiggerkaj

Hi all! I am looking at booking a cruise and wondering if anyone knows if there is a typical day that Carnival makes changes in their prices or is it just random? I am looking at a cruise at the end of June so I'm not sure I should keep gambling that the price will be reduced or should I go ahead and book. Thanks for your input. :D

If you don't care where your stateroom is located, you could wait. We did this for our first cruise but since then we have booked early so that we can select our deck and room before everything is filled and the selection is minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am booked for June 8.

The past few weeks, Fridays have shown price drops.

One price drop on a Sunday.

If you are doing "pack and go", I would wait. Those prices keep coming down (at least on this cruise) often twice a week.

But, two weeks out, pick your own room choices are slim. And about 100 more than the pack and go rate. (per cabin of 2)

If you don't care where your stateroom is located, you could wait. We did this for our first cruise but since then we have booked early so that we can select our deck and room before everything is filled and the selection is minimal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Also dinner times in the MDR may fill up for your prefered time, Late or Early or Anytime.

Hi all! I am looking at booking a cruise and wondering if anyone knows if there is a typical day that Carnival makes changes in their prices or is it just random? I am looking at a cruise at the end of June so I'm not sure I should keep gambling that the price will be reduced or should I go ahead and book. Thanks for your input. :D

End of June is pretty last minute in cruising terms. Be sure to check Carnival's Pack & Go rates if you are looking for a deal.

Carnival updates their site up to four times a day, seven days a week--so it can happen at anytime. I've found most of my price drops around 10 am (I check 6 times a day), but my best price drop ($110pp) came around midnight.

I've been seeing steady price INCREASRS over the last 2 months for my Jan 11th cruise on the Conquest.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the input everyone! I wasn't sure since I'm booking kinda last minute if Carnival would give you credit if the prices go lower.

That's a good point about dinner. We have had both times and although I prefer the earlier time I would be fine with the later time since it's last minute booking.

I've been checking throughout the day and will keep doing so. I also keep checking to see how many rooms come up available so that isn't an issue as well. On some cruises I've been following, it seems like the last price drops have been between 3 - 2 weeks prior so I'm hoping it will be the same on this, if not we can pick a different ship, etc. but I kinda have my heart set on the Breeze after reading some of the reviews here.

If it was just my husband and I, I would have already booked but I've been trying to convince my 14 he loves cruises as much as us (lol). I know that sounds crazy, what kid wouldn't love to cruise :eek: but I think he thinks it will be hard meeting kids and would be bored not talking to his friends, gaming, etc.

Thanks again :D

Thanks for the input everyone! I wasn't sure since I'm booking kinda last minute if Carnival would give you credit if the prices go lower.

That's a good point about dinner. We have had both times and although I prefer the earlier time I would be fine with the later time since it's last minute booking.

I've been checking throughout the day and will keep doing so. I also keep checking to see how many rooms come up available so that isn't an issue as well. On some cruises I've been following, it seems like the last price drops have been between 3 - 2 weeks prior so I'm hoping it will be the same on this, if not we can pick a different ship, etc. but I kinda have my heart set on the Breeze after reading some of the reviews here.

If it was just my husband and I, I would have already booked but I've been trying to convince my 14 he loves cruises as much as us (lol). I know that sounds crazy, what kid wouldn't love to cruise :eek: but I think he thinks it will be hard meeting kids and would be bored not talking to his friends, gaming, etc.

Thanks again :D

My June 8th cruise dropped by almost $200 inside and quite a bit more for balcony 3 weeks out but all drops are state specific, guarantee and Pack & Go rates, other than that it has steadily increased since I booked ES last October,I still have not had a price drop and am only 14 days out!

Choose your own cabin rate is still way more expensive than ES rate was so I got a good price to start with:)

June July is more popular than August September so even late prices can reflect :)

I've been seeing steady price INCREASRS over the last 2 months for my Jan 11th cruise on the Conquest.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That "best drop" I've ever seen cruise was a January cruise (we left on the 13th) and the drop came 50 hours before we sailed, so we were able to claim it, but it came in under the wire. It was our only price drop for that cruise. Hopefully, you'll get lucky!

Carnival will only give you "credit" in one of three instances (that i know of)

1) If you're booked under Early Saver

2) If you're before final payment

3) You book one day and within 24 hours you find a lower rate.

ES disappears 3-5 months out depending on the length of your cruise.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Prices went down a little last night on the cruise we were looking at and they added a $40 OBC for the arcade. They got rid of the pack and go (which we thought about doing but I'm a little apprehensive due to being a light sleeper...don't want to get stuck under the galley or under the pool areas.) I'll be booking sometime this week. Thanks again :D