Private photo sessions

Riley's Mom

As promised I am posting a few of the pics from my daughters private photo session thru Dream photography on board the Magic. Gabor was our photog and he was awesome. I ended up spending $999.00 and bought the entire package. To me, it is worth the money.

ImageUploadedByForums1401081136.562164.jpg.1fc6d447c2aad455a0b91bdae7af2aaa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

ImageUploadedByForums1401081069.694804.jpg.1a4a3c333f491d319d2b63393f30397d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1401081086.371039.jpg.4ff25898aee2f1c37e70df5221386215.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1401081098.754078.jpg.ddc1ae69d33fff69b40c2a53a110ef28.jpg

Here are a few more. In all we recd 40 photos all 8x10s, a beautiful custom coffee table book with with her photos, 30x50" canvas, all photos on disk.

ImageUploadedByForums1401081349.262926.jpg.a72a652279234421f018326b75b51c99.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1401081322.320417.jpg.19fde347e035c4874160318cafda2d70.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1401081336.424787.jpg.d92c9f7f55083719925b6be21b695f4a.jpg

The packages start at $509 this includes 15 pics and a smaller size canvas print. Not exactly sure of the canvas size .

The next tier is the $799 package this includes all photos and the disk with all photos . This is the copyright so you can make your own prints.

The full package is $999and includes all prints , we had 40, a nice coffee table book with customized pics on all pages, the disk with photos and a 30x50" canvas

I was initially told that the prints cost $34.95 each if purchased separately. But I was never given that option.

Although after seeing all the photos I wanted to purchase the entire package.

The pics are that good in person and I love the book.

Edited by Riley's Mom

I think you got a good deal! One of the things you were paying for was the cost of "opportunity". Here you are on a cruise ship with a pro photographer at your avail; that's worth something. Getting the CD is what really seals the deal.

Was the canvas just one, single photo, or a montage of them? I take it they gave it to you rolled up for mounting at home?

Great decision to do this on your part. Memories like this at such a location are priceless, and in years to come that $999 will look like pocket change, and one helluva bargain!

The packages start at $509 this includes 15 pics and a smaller size canvas print. Not exactly sure of the canvas size .

The next tier is the $799 package this includes all photos and the disk with all photos . This is the copyright so you can make your own prints.

The full package is $999and includes all prints ' date=' we had 40, a nice coffee table book with customized pics on all pages, the disk with photos and a 30x50" canvas

I was initially told that the prints cost $34.95 each if purchased separately. But I was never given that option.

Although after seeing all the photos I wanted to purchase the entire package.

The pics are that good in person and I love the book.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote']

Riley's Mom,

Great pics! Your daughter being so photogenic made his job much easier.

The individual pic price isn't offered unless you decline the packages. When we did our oldest son's pictures on Breeze we already had pro pics from a local photog at home as well as quite a few that I had taken on the ship, so we picked just five of the pics from the package. The package deal would have been worth it for us if we didn't have the other pics.

When we met with our son's photog I was pleased to see she used the exact same camera that I used; Canon 5DIII and had the same lens collection. Her photoshop skills were impressive as well.

We did a private photo session a few years back. We were able to buy individual photos as opposed to a package. It came to about 400. I am sure you can negotiate a bit. It was well worth the money and are some of the best family photos we have ever taken. There was one in which I though the pose was cheesy and stupid. Turned out so good, it was our holiday card.

My suggestion don't book a private session unless you plan to spend big money. The photos will be good, and you will be tempted.

Is there a different professional photographer that does the private sessions or is it one of the staff that takes the daily pictures:confused:

On most ships where there is Dreams Photography, it is a specialized photographer. They also do the wedding and vow renewal pictures.

We had a Dreams trainee for our wedding and it was a great experience. The images are printed on a high quality paper. We got something like 45 8x10's, a bunch of 5x7s, a 16x20 canvas and the CD of purchased images for a little under $800. Of course, the wedding packages are different from the other packages they offer.

We found this out after we got home and re-read the signed release, that we couldn't have the canvas stretched onto a frame, so we ended up mounting it in a glassless frame.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

That's sad that you can't stretch the canvas on to a frame (it's not really stretching either). They just need to leave a 1.5" border or so around the edge, so you don't cut people in half. However, you came up with a solution.

I think you got a good deal! One of the things you were paying for was the cost of "opportunity". Here you are on a cruise ship with a pro photographer at your avail; that's worth something. Getting the CD is what really seals the deal.

Was the canvas just one, single photo, or a montage of them? I take it they gave it to you rolled up for mounting at home?

Great decision to do this on your part. Memories like this at such a location are priceless, and in years to come that $999 will look like pocket change, and one helluva bargain!

--------------------------------------///------------////////---------_\\\\\\\

The canvas is of a single photo.

I agree that this was well worth the money.

You can't put a price on a great memory and we will have these memories and pictures for a lifetime.

I had already planned on spending serval hundred but when I saw the pictures and then the Book!

The book was what sealed the deal!

Is there a different professional photographer that does the private sessions or is it one of the staff that takes the daily pictures:confused:

---------/////-----/////-----/////-----

I believe ech ship has their own Dream photography photog.

Ours was exceptional. I can't get over how amazing the pics are.

What I thought would be simple plain photos turned into extraordinary photos.

If anyone has the chance, they should do this,at least once.

A great picture is always worth the money. Do you get any with backgrounds at the port locations?

-----/////-----/////-----/////-----

Unfortunately we weren't able to do both pics on the ship and on the beach. The photog

Was overbooked due to the number of weddings on the ship.

When we go back again this year, I want to have my daughters photos taken on the beach.

The pics they posted of the beach from Dream photography were amazing!

I have a question for anyone who has bought this package that included the disk.

The photog said we can take the disk anywhere and get prints made in wallets, 5x7s etc.He said we don't need a written release of copyright. Is this true? I thought you always needed th written copyright?

Thank you .

Also, any suggestions where to take for wallet reprints?

Most places are pretty lax on checking for copyright anymore. If they give you a hard time just showing them the disk (official from carnival) will most likely be enough. :) PS I suggest MPIX for great quality prints.

The pictures are beautiful, thanks for sharing. I have a couple of questions if anyone can answer I would appreciate it.

We are going on the Paradise in August with my husbands whole family, there are 17 of us and I wanted to arrange to have pictures taken for a family portrait that we could all buy for ourselves and for my in laws.

So my question is, can we make an appointment to have the portraits taken and if so, is it something we do before we get onboard or should I go schedule it once we are on the ship?

We are not going to need multiple copies for each family, but rather one large print for each family like say 17 x 11 or a little larger. Do you need to buy a large package or can we just buy individual large prints?

Do they charge a sitting fee?

Thanks for any info anyone can offer!

I have a question for anyone who has bought this package that included the disk.

The photog said we can take the disk anywhere and get prints made in wallets' date=' 5x7s etc.He said we don't need a written release of copyright. Is this true? I thought you always needed th written copyright?

Thank you .

Also, any suggestions where to take for wallet reprints?

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/quote']

Weird that they didn't include the copyright release form--here you go:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/FAQs/PhotoRelease.pdf

You can take them anywhere and we've only been asked for the Carnival form once (Shutterfly wanted a copy of it for our thank you notes). Your reprints depend on what quality you want. I've printed at Shutterfly and Walgreens with no problem.