Atlantis Baltic Cruise, Holland America Eurodam, July 20th

NewCruiserNYC

Anyone out there booked on the Atlantis Baltic cruise sailing from Copenhagen on 7/20? And if so, anyone from the NYC area and looking for a roommate? I'm "this close" to booking the cruise, but would be travelling solo. i'm open to a sharing a room, but was thinking it would be ideal to meet the person ahead of time.

NewCruiserNYC and Almostavirgin yet an other solo traveler. Am looking forwards to this cruise only 45 days to go.

It will be my first time on Atlantis. (I have sailed on RSVP before and about ten regular cruises)

Also the first time I am using the Roommate Share Match Program, normally I would just pay double and have a cabin to my self. However since the flight time from Australia to Copenhagen is 24 hours 20 minutes I decided to bite the bullet and have also booked the Atlantis Mediterranean Cruise so by doing the Roommate Share I will be able to have two cruises for only a bit more than one might even get over my jet lag by the time to head home.

Should be interesting to see the mix of nationalities on board.

Almostavirgin, did you get your own cabiin? A solo room would be twice the price listed, right? Haven't booked this trip yet, but will make a decision soon. Trying to decide if it's worth spending the money on my own room, or worth the risk of the roommate match.

I still haven't booked as well, NewCruiserNYC. I have done roomsharing on four cruises, two with total strangers and the other two I had the chance to get to know beforehand by phone. All worked well. They are all still alive, LOL. Prior knowledge of who you are rooming with is definitely advantageous, and in my case, I even got to share pre and post-cruise hotels with them so I didn't feel left out and alone during those times. Yes, you pay double if you want the room to yourself, with the exception that you don't have to pay port fees and gratuity twice.

Almostavirgin, have booked VD-Deluxe Verandah, as I felt the extra room available with the balcony would be beneficial with the room share.

I just noticed you were also on the Oosterdam for the RSVP Alaskia cruise last year, unfortunately with both Atlantis and RSVP they do charge double the gratuities as well when you do sole occupancy.

Almostavirgin, have booked VD-Deluxe Verandah, as I felt the extra room available with the balcony would be beneficial with the room share.

I just noticed you were also on the Oosterdam for the RSVP Alaskia cruise last year, unfortunately with both Atlantis and RSVP they do charge double the gratuities as well when you do sole occupancy.

I agree on your room choice, peterrp64. So you were on the Oosterdam to Alaska last year too? That's cool! We could have bumped into each other unknowingly. I know an Australian who loves cruising a lot and was on that trip too. I wonder if that is you, LOL. That's quite surprising about the double gratuity on a sole occupancy. I thought I heard otherwise.