NOLA - Prytania Park Hotel questions

CruzieSue

I've seen a few comments from posters who have stayed at the Prytania. I know where it is (block off of St. Charles) as we stayed at the Maison St. Charles Comfort Inn a few years ago. We had no problems and felt safe in that area. Been to the website and saw the photos. Older but charming. If you have specifically stayed at the Prytania ...

(1) How did you find the area around the Prytania as far as feeling safe in the parking lot and hotel, walking out to St. Charles, etc.

(2) Any experience with the "Contemporary Queen with Twin Loft"? How was the bathroom? We will have 4 people (3 males and 1 female :o )

(3) Overall experience - staff, cleanliness, etc.

Thanks for your input from your personal experiences.

(1) How did you find the area around the Prytania as far as feeling safe in the parking lot and hotel, walking out to St. Charles, etc.

(2) Any experience with the "Contemporary Queen with Twin Loft"? How was the bathroom? We will have 4 people (3 males and 1 female :o )

1. Never felt any danger in that area. We have stayed there three times and felt safer there than walking in some portions of the French Quarter. We have walked up and down St. Charles avenue from that area and have never felt any danger.

2. We have stayed in a Contemporary Queen with Queen loft and the room is nice. There is a spiral staircase up to the loft where the second bed and dresser is. It does get a little warmer up there, so if you have someone in your party that stays cold all the time it might be a good place for them.

3. Staff for the most part is friendly. Not necessarily cruise-ship friendly, but as nice as most of the hotels in New Orleans. Cleanliness has not been an issue. We have not had any bugs or dirt/dust in our rooms. They have also started replacing the older mattresses with newer softer ones (we were glad to see that a couple of weeks ago!).

I've seen a few comments from posters who have stayed at the Prytania. I know where it is (block off of St. Charles) as we stayed at the Maison St. Charles Comfort Inn a few years ago. We had no problems and felt safe in that area. Been to the website and saw the photos. Older but charming. If you have specifically stayed at the Prytania ...

1. I have always felt perfectly safe in the area. I've been with my husband and with a girlfriend for a girl's cruise and both times didn't have any concerns.

2. Our friends stayed in the loft room and found it perfect for their group of four. They didn't comment on the bathroom but we have had bathrooms that ranged from tiny one with a stand up shower (in the older part of the hotel) to a regular full sized bathroom like you would have at a holiday inn or comfort inn (in the "newer" part of the hotel). The lofts are in the "newer" part so my guess is they would be pretty standard sized. Cleanliness has never been an issue here for us.

3. The staff has always been friendly and ready to take care of us. Once we had reserved a 2 double bed room and when we walked in it was only one bed. I went back to the desk, they apologized and handed us a key to a second room across the hall to also use for the night. Two rooms for the price of one, it was a nice treat after everyone being cramped into the car for the 14 hour drive there :)

One downside for this hotel which we have decided isn't really a downside since you're in NOLA is it's breakfast. It's pretty limited but we just grab a juice as we head out to breakfast in the Quarter.