Questions about Cheers Beverage package- Alchemy Bar and coffee drinks

jetta8300

So sorry if this has already been answered! I've looked through many threads and can't seem to find any answers yet.

We will be cruising next year on the Carnival Pride after the Funship 2.0 upgrades, and just wondering if drinks are covered from the Alchemy Bar... It looks like there is a "make your own drink" option and wasn't sure if that's covered. Any experience with this?

Also I know specialty coffees are not covered, lattes, cappuccinos etc. Which is disappointing. However, what about the coffee items on the bar menu? After dinner coffee liqueur? Espresso martinis? We had some sort of amazing blended chocolate coffee/rum drink each night after dinner while watching the nighttime pool deck movies on the Freedom :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes and yes. Alchemy is covered by the cheers program. We tried most things on the menu and everything was covered. You can get regular coffee and add things like bailey's to it. I have never seen coffee at one of the bars, only in MDR and in lido deck. All martinis are covered in the cheers program, chocolate, espresso, cosmos, etc.

You really have to calculate how much you will drink to see if the program is worthwhile. Carnival has a 15 drink limit, so you will need to have at least 6 drinks a day to just break even. You and your cabin mate, if over 21 must both purchase the program.

If you have a port intensive cruise, it may be difficult to get your money's worth.

Anyway, have a great time and enjoy your cruise!!

So sorry if this has already been answered! I've looked through many threads and can't seem to find any answers yet.

We will be cruising next year on the Carnival Pride after the Funship 2.0 upgrades, and just wondering if drinks are covered from the Alchemy Bar... It looks like there is a "make your own drink" option and wasn't sure if that's covered. Any experience with this?

Also I know specialty coffees are not covered, lattes, cappuccinos etc. Which is disappointing. However, what about the coffee items on the bar menu? After dinner coffee liqueur? Espresso martinis? We had some sort of amazing blended chocolate coffee/rum drink each night after dinner while watching the nighttime pool deck movies on the Freedom :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi, Jetta. Here's Carnival's Cheers program rules:

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/My_Awesome_Bar_Program.pdf

The drink restrictions generally center around drink price and not which bar they are served at or types of drinks.

Most do the make your own drinks are $8.95, at least they were last time I had the pleasure of sitting at the Alchemy Bar! And I highly recommend NOT ordering off the menu. A few drinks here and there that you want to try, sure. But most of the mixologists have signature drinks and a wide array of the at that, so ask them!

As for the coffee drinks, from my experience, the liquor is covered, but if you ordering a speciality coffee, it is not. At the atrium bar and coffee bars, you have to pay for a coffee, at a discounted price (the nonalcoholic price), and then you get a shot to add as part of the cheers program.

Thanks so much everyone for your responses! I wasn't sure what the price of the drinks at the alchemy bar were like, especially the "make your own." I will definitely have to think about it being worth it or not. My husband and I are not really beer/wine drinkers, we tend to like the more expensive drinks on the menu, martinis, mojitos, etc. and I LOVE coffee, but $50 is definitely a lot... We would have to do about 5-6 of these a day to make it worth it. But it looks like most of these would be covered. Very interesting about the alchemy bar, it sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Edited by jetta8300

All drinks at Alchemy are covered under Cheers at 8.95 and you can even request upgraded liquor for 9.95. We got way more than our moneys worth and can't wait for our next cruise to have a few cucumber sunrises again.