Superior Ocean View Stateroom (Code F)

Dear Forum members,

This is my first post here and my English is not the best, so please be kind! :) I have already read a lot of informative things on here and hope you can also help me with following.

We are passionate cruisers from Germany and have just booked the Maiden Voyage on Anthem starting Apr22 from Southampton. We thought a lot about the various stateroom options and finally decided to opt for a Superior Ocean View cabin at the very front of the ship. Deckplan code for this stateroom type is F.

This cabin seems to be huge (302 sq.ft) compared to the "ordinary" rooms and from what i can see in the drawings and early pictures it has a panoramic, round window facing forward. In the Description it also says that there would be an alcove with window seat. Nice!

Now my question:

Does anyone already have an idea or (even better) a picture of the actual floorplan of this particular stateroom type? How the layout is? Arrangement of furnitures, location of bathroom, etc.?

One thing we are wondering the most is whether there is an open hallway between the outside of the window and the front of the ship which is accessible by the public or if the forward wall of the cabin is the actual front of the ship with no open space in between. From the deckplans and pictures it's hard to tell.

Please help!

Just going by the layout of other Royal Caribbean ships, I would not expect a walkway in front of the forward cabins. There should be nothing between the window and the helipad (or whatever it is they're putting on the bow).

Since the first ship in this category doesn't sail for another 5 months, no one will have pictures or ideas of the layout of the cabins.

Hi BerlinCruisers...

I am staying in room 9110 (category F, 302 sq feet) during the Dec. 20-27, 2014 on Quantum of the Seas. I have the same questions as you do! I'm really curious to know the layout of the room, if the window is panoramic view, etc. If nobody responds between now and then with pictures/description, I will gladly share with you.

Cathy

If you look at the thread quantum keel blocks are in the house you will see photos of the quantum that show the windows for those rooms are flush with the outside of the ship. We have one of the forward facong rooms as well and i had the same concerns, based on the artists rendering of the ship, until i saw these photos.

Thank you for all the answers!

Good to hear that there are similar thoughts around the ones who also have booked forward facing cabins on Quantum or Anthem.

Looking at the photos in the "Quantum Keel Blocks" thread I am still not quite sure whether there is a walkway in front of the staterooms or not. What you think should be the windows, Mar56, could also just be cutouts in the hull which have the same shape as the real windows which lie behind the walkway. The thing which irritates me most about this is the walkway between cabins 10102 and 10500 in the attached deckplan which would be useless and just taking away valuable space in my eyes if it would not lead to anything accessible to the public at the very front of the ship.

Can anyone explain the purpose of this particular walkway?

Cathy, I would really appreciate it and it would be great if you could share your photos once you return from your cruise...!

Deckplan.JPG.36cbb85505f564c9d9b1820f823aea4e.JPG

I've always heard that those short walkways were to allow the crew access to the front windows so they could wash them. They have the same hallways on Decks 8-11, all of which have forward facing cabins. Also, because the Bridge overhangs the front cabins on Deck 11, they might need access to the Bridge windows from down there.

I thought this photo was helpful: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/

It looks like Category F on Decks 11 and 10 have a window in the front. Then on Decks 8 and 9 there are porthole windows on the side, next to the obstructed view balcony.

Of course, that photo may not be anything like the finished ship. But at least a Category F cabin will be the size of a suite for the price of an outside cabin.:D

• 1 month later...

I'm still trying to figure that out as well. We have a forward facing cabin on the Quantum and curious about the layout of the cabin, as well as the small hallway in the middle.

The thread about 'Laying the Keel Blocks' have some excellent photos of the front of the ship, in the recent posts. They certainly look like windows but will they be actually in the cabin or to an exterior hallway?

Either way, we're staying with this category... maybe it will be a surprise until someone actually cruises in one of these!

I'm still trying to figure that out as well. We have a forward facing cabin on the Quantum and curious about the layout of the cabin, as well as the small hallway in the middle.

The thread about 'Laying the Keel Blocks' have some excellent photos of the front of the ship, in the recent posts. They certainly look like windows but will they be actually in the cabin or to an exterior hallway?

Either way, we're staying with this category... maybe it will be a surprise until someone actually cruises in one of these!

It looks to be a great value for the money with all the extra sq. footage.

This answer may not have anything to do with Quantum but maybe it will answer a few questions.

We had a forward facing OV cabin on Oasis. We were on deck 7, on the same level as the helipad. Access to the helipad was closed except for a platinum and above party to which we were invited anyway. I had worried about people going out on the helipad when choosing the cabin but it was always quiet.

The cabin had a lot of extra floor space because of the steep angle of the window. You could not really stand up straight in most of the extra 10X10 floor space but it was great having the floor space. It made the room feel very spacious, the ceiling to floor windows were wonderful, and you could pull up the desk chair and look out the window. Also a great place to leave extra luggage.

Other than that, the furniture arrangement was the same as a regular OV cabin. This would be a great cabin for a third person since there is plenty of extra room for a rollaway bed or a pack and play.

It looks to be a great value for the money with all the extra sq. footage.

That's what we thought, too, when booking this particular stateroom.

We are still very curious and excited whether there will be an exterior hallway in front of the window or not.

We'll see... :)

• 1 year later...
Does anyone have photos of cabin 9110 on the Anthem? It is one if these forward facing F category cabins. I read somewhere about feeling more movements of the ship. Any photos or info is appcreiated.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2321065

Have a look at this thread, lots of discussion on there :-)

We loved this room! Lots of space!!

Here are a few images from 11110

Nice cove with huge window that looked out over the ship's bow.

enhance

Mini Bar, desk with lighted mirror, another full closet, and standard bathroom.

enhance

Sofa (sofa bed) with storage above, bed (can be separated) with more storage above, full closet with safe.

enhance

Private hallway to the room... This small hallway also connects to a smaller Oceanview stateroom.

enhance