Express Walk-off on Dream

ted123

Express walk-off on Disney Dream - Does anybody know this option is ONLY available for those who participates in DCL's "Onboard Airline Check-In"? I do not join, but do want to get off the ship early since I will go to WDW after the cruise. How should I do? :confused::confused:

Express walk off is available to anyone. No need to participate in OBCI, buses, etc. You must haul all your bags off yourself, no setting them out the night before. If all goes normally it is generally available (doors open) at 7 - 7:30am.

Inquire at Guest Services at some point once aboard for the procedure/meeting place.

HTH

Edited by bear3412

Yup - anyone can do it! You must take all your stuff with you. (Never put luggage outside the cabin door the night before.) We have done it often on DCL ships in Port Canaveral. You can expect quite a crowd in the atrium waiting to get off as soon as the ship is cleared. Usually we are on the highway off the island by 7:30 or 8:00 AM.

We've done it on a number of cruises including the Dream in 2012. We drove that trip and managed to be one of the first cars out of the parking garage. It worked great for us. Did it last year in Vancouver and we were staying in town a few days. So as others have said it is available to everyone.

• 1 month later...

I am assuming i cant do "express walk off" if i am using DCL transportation to get to MCO. I am trying to figure out what time i should book my flight home. I am worried that a 12:45 flight from MCO could be pushing it. :confused:

A 12:45 flight from MCO is idea. DCL recommends that you fly after noon.

You CAN do express disembarkation if on a DCL bus. You just roll off your suitcase and present yourself to the CM at the podium. You will be on the first bus to depart for the airport. It will leave as soon as it fills up.

We've been at MCO as early as 9:00. With a 12:45 flight, there is no need to do the "roll it off yourself," but that is your option.

I have done express check out once in Vancouver but in Port Canaveral always put my laugh usage out for collection I have been off at 7.30 circa four times and 8.20 on two cruises. On the four 7.30 ones I was at Seaworld 8.50 Polynesian 9.00 ( and in MK by 9.30, and Downtown Disney for Virgin check in at 8.50, no speeding, it's quick, 12 noon flight onwards is fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk