Zip Line Excursion

cruise pup

Carnival offers a zip line excursion in San Juan. Anyone do it? I'd appreciate your thoughts about it. I've read the reviews on the Carnival website and they are divided between people who loved it and people who hated it. The bad reviews are mainly from people who said there wasn't enough equipment and staff and there were long waits. Some posters said that after 4 hours they went back to the ship without doing the zip line. Some were taken to a bird and butterfly sanctuary instead. The ones who loved it obviously didn't experience this. But this tour doesn't come cheap so I could use some input.

We did it this past February and enjoyed it. There was plenty of equipment and the staff was fun and safe. There was your typical waiting for everyone in the group to go but it was no more than we experienced on other zip line excursions.

Once we were done they provided a drink and snack then we were taken back to the ship.

Thanks for your encouraging report. Only problem is that we don't arrive in San Juan until 3:00 pm and I want to visit the Ralph Lauren Polo shop by the pier and I'm sure that's only opened during normal business hours. I can always do a zipline in another port.

• 4 weeks later...
We did it this past February and enjoyed it. There was plenty of equipment and the staff was fun and safe. There was your typical waiting for everyone in the group to go but it was no more than we experienced on other zip line excursions.

Once we were done they provided a drink and snack then we were taken back to the ship.

Which zip line excursion did you do? The Canopy Adventure or the Hidden Paradise?

We were on the Freedom several weeks ago and we (6 of us) did the CARNIVAL CANOPY ADVENTURE, $125.99 and it was a lot of fun. We had the first of these excursions that morning, 8:00 or 8:30 to catch the bus and when we arrived in Rain Forest Park, we really had no wait before getting our equipment and boarding the Sky Lift over to the Platforms. Their were 8 platforms of varying lengths, the last one over 200 Yds. I only wish there had been more. NOW, when we got off and hiked back to the entrance to catch our bus, the crowds were huge. Our ship was in port from 7:00 to 2:00 and we got back to the ship around 12:30 - 12:45. I think I would have been very concerned if doing this excursion on my own with a later time. While a little pricey, I'd do it again in a minute. ENJOY:)....