how does this work

heymom32000

If we book an excursion on our own through Native Way or one of the others and then once we get there find out the waters are too rough for tenders or something what happens? Do we get all our money back or do they keep some of it? We are getting cruise insurance....would that cover what we lost?

We are going to be on the Inspiration leaving from Tampa on Oct 29th. I'm hoping we will have smooth waters but you never know.

Thanks

If we book an excursion on our own through Native Way or one of the others and then once we get there find out the waters are too rough for tenders or something what happens? Do we get all our money back or do they keep some of it? We are getting cruise insurance....would that cover what we lost?

We are going to be on the Inspiration leaving from Tampa on Oct 29th. I'm hoping we will have smooth waters but you never know.

Thanks

Check with the individual tour operator as to what their refund policy is. Most of them will give a 100% refund if either the ship skips the port due to weather, or if the tour operator cannot safely complete the excursion due to rough waters, etc.

Not sure about the insurance. Maybe someone else can provide feedback.

I am booked with NativeWay for September 6 (hopefully we make it). Their policy is not to charge for anything if weather keeps you from getting to the island. They only took the credit card information to guarantee the reservation. If the ship tenders and you don't show up, you will be charged. However, if you can't get there, no charges whatsoever. Not sure how the other independant companies are, but this is the policy for NativeWay.

Thanks to info I found on these boards I booked NativeWay for their Ray, Reef, & Rum Point tour just a few days ago. About 36 hours after I emailed to reserve a spot and ask a few questions I received a detailed response that I thought I'd post here...maybe it will answer a few questions for people who are thinking of booking with NativeWay. I did x out some info that pertains just to our tour.

We are really excited about going to Grand Cayman - I just hope that we can tender in! It would be great to find someone else from cc who will be taking this excusion on March 21 too (there will be 4 ships in port that day).

Pleasant Greetings from Grand Cayman!

I have reserved 2 spaces for you on our March 21, 2006 "Rays, Reef, and Rum Point" excursion. The reservation # is xxxx. The price is $55 USD per person. Children under 10 will pay $40. Please fax your credit card number to guarantee your arrival. Our secure fax number is (345) 946-8660. Your credit card will not be charged for the tour, just used to insure that you will show up. You will pay on our tour boat. We accept cash, Traveler's Checks, MasterCard, Visa and Discover only. We do NOT accept American Express credit cards.

The tour departs the pier at 9:30 AM Eastern Time (this is 10:30 AM ship time) and completes around 2:15 PM Central Time. We ask that you check in no later than 9:15 AM Central Time (this is a 10:15 AM ship time). When you come ashore, look for the person carrying the sign that says Native Way Watersports. You may also ask for us at the information booth at the cruise ship terminal.

We provide free use of all snorkeling gear and vests, food for the Rays, and complimentary punch and bottled water. At Rum Point, you will be provided with a nice grilled lunch. After the tour, you will have two options for drop off: back to the pier, or, at 7-mile beach (where you can taxi back to the pier at any time for $4 per person).

We ask that you provide at least 72 hours advance notice to cancel. If your ship is unable to dock in Grand Cayman, we will automatically cancel your reservation, at no cost to you.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I look forward to seeing you in Grand Cayman on March 21!

Sharon Ebanks

Archived