Freedom 8340

We stayed in 8336 a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. 8336/8340 are not the center of the hump but close enough to where you can still see mostly all the way backwards and forwards. Your cabin will be on the back side of the hump so you will probably have less trouble with wind. If your category is E2 like it probably is, you get a standard size room with love seat and the usual stuff. Got a couple pics from Labadee attached so you can have an idea.

822968998_PA020068-Copy.jpg.312b376e3db1947e6aeb6287e6985200.jpg

124421950_PA020069-Copy.jpg.9b370b2ce71f2279db6535397e43fe45.jpg

That's probably it. I was going to say that we are going to be in 8640 which is directly opposite of the one you are asking about this October. The hump balconies are great IMO. Close to the elevators but not too noisy as the elevators are not in the same hallway. They aren't any bigger on the freedom class but they offer a unique view.

The center hump is the best because you can truly see all the way forward and aft of the ship from the railing. But they are usually booked fast for that very reason. I don't think right off the center is bad at all though. If your on the back side of the hump it offers more wind resistance I believe. We'll find our this October and I'll let you know. Congrats on the cruise! First time on the freedom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were on Freedom in 2010 (Western) prior to the big screen added on deck. Looking forward to returning and seeing the Eastern ports, as well as once again enjoying the magic of the sea. The countdown has begun!

• 5 months later...
That's probably it. I was going to say that we are going to be in 8640 which is directly opposite of the one you are asking about this October. The hump balconies are great IMO. Close to the elevators but not too noisy as the elevators are not in the same hallway. They aren't any bigger on the freedom class but they offer a unique view.

So how was 8640? Is it center of he hump with 8638?

We were in 9340 last year. The center hump is a great location with great balcony views and actually there was not a lot of wind as some people have said in other threads. You will be close to the elevators and stairs. So being 8340 I would say you made a good choice! :cool: