Character Breakfast Question

I agree with you FLACRUISER99! So much I wrote a letter to RCI. Eventually, I got a call from Corporate Customer Service explaining that they were evaluating the decision, and decided to implement the change after 1 Sept 14.

We (grandpa and grandma only) did character breakfast on Allure last April, and it was free.

It was so good we booked a Mariner cruise next February - now with our grand children - so they can enjoy the character breakfast, too. I hope Royal will cancel the surcharge!

Royal, character breakfast should be FREE!

If there's no charge, won't people book and then not go? We tried to book it on the Liberty a month in advance and it was booked up.

We did it on the Allure last year and there was a stand by line outside the dining room.

If anyone didn't show, they certainly had no problem filling the seats.

Like other cruisers have said, you can eat in the MDR for free, and peek around the corner to see the characters. I hope this surcharge doesn't stick, to be honest, it's not worth $10.

We did it on the Allure last year and there was a stand by line outside the dining room.

If anyone didn't show, they certainly had no problem filling the seats.

Like other cruisers have said, you can eat in the MDR for free, and peek around the corner to see the characters. I hope this surcharge doesn't stick, to be honest, it's not worth $10.

This is true! I don't know how the setup is on Allure, but on Freedom, kids were able to see the characters from other parts of the MDR as there was nothing to block their view. They were even allowed to come over and take pictures with the characters during the picture taking session at the end. I thought that was a great thing to for Royal to do, even though they did not have a reservation.