jewel haven 14506 or 14012?

amarvel

We are currently booked in the haven 14506 for an Alaska cruise (port side). But 14012 is open (starboard).

I tried to search and saw that 14006 has the blue lights outside does 14506 have those lights as well?

Did those obstruct your view during the day?

we liked the idea that 14506 was right next to the garden villa basically giving us one neighbor but I wasn't sure about the whole deck below us? sounds like a lot of good reviews about 14012 based on not having the deck below?.

and going on an Alaskan trip is one side better than the other?

Would it be worth to switch or not matter? I do like being on the balcony and spent a lot of time on it on our last cruise.

We are currently booked in the haven 14506 for an Alaska cruise (port side). But 14012 is open (starboard).

I tried to search and saw that 14006 has the blue lights outside does 14506 have those lights as well?

Did those obstruct your view during the day?

we liked the idea that 14506 was right next to the garden villa basically giving us one neighbor but I wasn't sure about the whole deck below us? sounds like a lot of good reviews about 14012 based on not having the deck below?.

and going on an Alaskan trip is one side better than the other?

Would it be worth to switch or not matter? I do like being on the balcony and spent a lot of time on it on our last cruise.

Your actual "neighbor" would be wither #14508or $14008 as the Garden Villas are across the hall so to speak when you exit the elevators. Thye are NOT connected to the other rooms in the Haven.

We have booked #14012 three times as it has become our favorite cabin! It does include the necessity of walking a few feet further from the elevators....BUT affords much privacy and NO pesky lights!

Again, we have only cruised #!4012 in the Haven on the Jewel and never to Alaska...so I am NO help in determining which "side" of the ship is better! Only know that we love #14012....and that you are mistaken if yo think that you will have the Garden Villa as a "neighbor" as those staterooms are on the opposite side of the elevators and do NOT connect or are located directly next to ANY of the other Haven Staterooms. Althoug all Haven guests DO use the same elevators and are exclusively able to access Deck #14.

Hope this helps and has NOT made your decision more difficult!

Thanks! I just realized I kind of wrote that wrong. what I meant was that we would only have one neighbor, room 14508 because the villa is separate :) our TA stayed in 14506 and thought it would be a good fit for us since we have kids. But reading up I'm nervous about the lights and deck.

Good to hear you like 14012 and that it doesn't have the lights! Just not sure its worth the switch but don't want to regret not switching!

Your actual "neighbor" would be wither #14508or $14008 as the Garden Villas are across the hall so to speak when you exit the elevators. Thye are NOT connected to the other rooms in the Haven.

We have booked #14012 three times as it has become our favorite cabin! It does include the necessity of walking a few feet further from the elevators....BUT affords much privacy and NO pesky lights!

Again, we have only cruised #!4012 in the Haven on the Jewel and never to Alaska...so I am NO help in determining which "side" of the ship is better! Only know that we love #14012....and that you are mistaken if yo think that you will have the Garden Villa as a "neighbor" as those staterooms are on the opposite side of the elevators and do NOT connect or are located directly next to ANY of the other Haven Staterooms. Althoug all Haven guests DO use the same elevators and are exclusively able to access Deck #14.

Hope this helps and has NOT made your decision more difficult!

Just wanted to correct one minor piece of misinformation above.

.... "you are mistaken if yo think that you will have the Garden Villa as a "neighbor" as those staterooms are on the opposite side of the elevators and do NOT connect or are located directly next to ANY of the other Haven Staterooms."....

The third bedroom in the Garden Villa closest in proximity to the courtyard is located directly next to 14506. While it doesn't use the courtyard hallways, it is physically adjacent on one wall of 14506. Although I have never heard of this happening, if the people in this Garden Villa bedroom are noisy, I would think that 14506 would be capable of hearing it.

I would also caution that 14506 is very close to the area the Butlers use to set up food service. They do their prep for room service right there and of course the set up for the food service for the Haven. It starts at about 6 am and goes throughout the day. It's not terribly noisy, but it is not quiet either.

We have stayed in 14010 and would do it again without hesitation.

thank you all! i really hate room selection! lol although I know just being in the Haven will be great as well no matter what room :)

my gut says to change to 14012 as I like the starboard side a little better going in and out of ports but im most nervous about the possible blue light or deck below. but also heard that further back you are by the bathrooms and closer to the engines? is that a bother?

I would also caution that 14506 is very close to the area the Butlers use to set up food service. They do their prep for room service right there and of course the set up for the food service for the Haven. It starts at about 6 am and goes throughout the day. It's not terribly noisy, but it is not quiet either.

We have stayed in 14010 and would do it again without hesitation.

in 14010 did you have any blue lights shining in or the deck below?

thank you all! i really hate room selection! lol although I know just being in the Haven will be great as well no matter what room :)

my gut says to change to 14012 as I like the starboard side a little better going in and out of ports but im most nervous about the possible blue light or deck below. but also heard that further back you are by the bathrooms and closer to the engines? is that a bother?

14512 definitely. Have been in GV 14500 and HFV 14006 and both had the blue lights. They do not obstruct the view during the day (although looking straight down does give you a view of the deck below instead of water), but the ambient light is really bothersome at night. Don't worry about the bathrooms or engine noise, it's only a few feet farther back. Either side is good for Alaska.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

I think you will be very happy with your change. My family and I were booked in 14506 this past March and had a MAJOR inner wall flooding issue. We moved to 14010 on Wednesday. NCL did everything they could to make it right, but unpacking then packing and unpacking again really disrupted our trip! I know that the Jewel has just returned from drydock and hopefully whatever the issue was has been corrected, but I really worried about the people who were booked in this room after we got off of the ship. Have a wonderful vacation - the Jewel is a beautiful ship!!

We just spent 2 weeks in 14012. There was no engine noise. I'm not sure what you mean by back by the bathrooms. If you mean by the bathrooms in the haven, there is a hallway between and we never heard any noise from the hallway at all. What is nice is that no one, except those going to 14014 will pass by your cabin and the doorway to the haven is away from your door. We also liked the fact that there is no canopy below the balcony, so you look right out onto the ocean.

The one issue we had in the cabin is that for some reason it took a looong time for the hot water to get to the master bath.