Liberty / Glory / Breeze

megamoo

We will be staying in Orlando next August 2015 (myself, husband, daughter (17) and son (12)) and looking at taking a cruise. We have all have been on the Fantasy and Ecstasy to the Bahamas and I have been also on the Liberty (western cruise).

Looking at the following cruises:

Liberty (Western - 7 day) - Cozumel/Belize/Mahogany Bay/Costa Maya

Glory (Eastern - 7 day) - Half Moon Cay/St. Thomas/San Juan/Grand Turk

Breeze (Eastern- 8 day) - St. Maartan/St. Kitts/San Juan/Grand Turk

The Breeze is the most expensive about $375 more than the Liberty and the Glory is about $100 cheaper than the Liberty. The cost is not much more as it is an 8 day as opposed to a 7 day.

Have you been on any of these ships/ports? Which cruise would you choose. Just wondering if it is worth the drive to Miami for either the Glory or the Breeze.

Any suggestions/comments?

We will be staying in Orlando next August 2015 (myself, husband, daughter (17) and son (12)) and looking at taking a cruise. We have all have been on the Fantasy and Ecstasy to the Bahamas and I have been also on the Liberty (western cruise).

Looking at the following cruises:

Liberty (Western - 7 day) - Cozumel/Belize/Mahogany Bay/Costa Maya

Glory (Eastern - 7 day) - Half Moon Cay/St. Thomas/San Juan/Grand Turk

Breeze (Eastern- 8 day) - St. Maartan/St. Kitts/San Juan/Grand Turk

The Breeze is the most expensive about $375 more than the Liberty and the Glory is about $100 cheaper than the Liberty. The cost is not much more as it is an 8 day as opposed to a 7 day.

Have you been on any of these ships/ports? Which cruise would you choose. Just wondering if it is worth the drive to Miami for either the Glory or the Breeze.

Any suggestions/comments?

We have indeed sailed all three of these ships and we have been to all the ports.

If you are looking for ship amenities, then Breeze wins hand down, especially for the kids. Heck, it's a great ship for adults too.

All the ports are great, so that will be a harder choice.

What do you want do on the cruise? Beaches? Sightseeing? History/ruins?

Costa Maya, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk all have gorgeous beaches. If you are adventurous, going to St. John from St. Thomas will get you to the most beautiful beach we've ever seen (Trunk Bay).

Cozumel and St. Maarten also have beaches but my opinion is they're nothing special compared the the other three ports.

If history is your thing, then Belize is great for seeing Maya ruins and San Juan has old forts that are very cool. Belize is also good for cave tubing - floating in underground caves in big inner tubes. Eight people are led by a tour guide. (We used VIV Tours. That really was quite an incredible tour.)

St. Kitts is where we want to retire some day.

I hope that helps a little. And, yes, it is worth the drive to Miami to sail Breeze.

Edited by stargate fan

Thank you for your response. Great information. We are more into the beaches and sightseeing. Not into snorkeling excursions etc.

Just looking for ports where you can get off the ship and explore close to ship in walking distance for shopping, beaches, and sightseeing.

We have indeed sailed all three of these ships and we have been to all the ports.

If you are looking for ship amenities, then Breeze wins hand down, especially for the kids. Heck, it's a great ship for adults too.

All the ports are great, so that will be a harder choice.

What do you want do on the cruise? Beaches? Sightseeing? History/ruins?

Costa Maya, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk all have gorgeous beaches. If you are adventurous, going to St. John from St. Thomas will get you to the most beautiful beach we've ever seen (Trunk Bay).

Cozumel and St. Maarten also have beaches but my opinion is they're nothing special compared the the other three ports.

If history is your thing, then Belize is great for seeing Maya ruins and San Juan has old forts that are very cool. Belize is also good for cave tubing - floating in underground caves in big inner tubes. Eight people are led by a tour guide. (We used VIV Tours. That really was quite an incredible tour.)

St. Kitts is where we want to retire some day.

I hope that helps a little. And, yes, it is worth the drive to Miami to sail Breeze.

I am leaning towards the Breeze cruise. From your experience can you tell me what is close by the ship when you get off to see ie shopping, beaches, sightseeing. Or what taxi/shuttles to take to these places and what beaches, shopping areas etc. to visit.

St. Maartan -

St. Kitts -

San Juan -

Grand Turk -

Thank you so much for your help :)