Tea/Coffee making facilities

I'm an RCI virgin so it's a double first going on the TA on Quantum on 2nd November. Forgive me if this a stupid question to all you RCI veterans. We have been used to slumming it on Thomson ships (a British cruise line - well German if you must - for the benefit of our American cousins).

Is it usual for RCI to provide Tea/Coffee making facilities in the cabins,(sorry Staterooms) or do we have to rely on room service to bring us our wake-up cuppa in the morning, & if the latter what sort of charge is made for this privilege.

On most classes, a coffee/tea maker is in junior suites and up. Balcony and lower do not have one. You can always get team at the Cafe Promenade or the Windjammer (especially since the WJ on Quantum is supposed to be open 24 hours now). No one really knows anything yet for sure;).

Thanks for that crookedhalo. We're in a Balcony on the inaugural crossing from Southampton, UK to NY, USA, so I guess that means no tea/coffee facilities, so I will have to go in my jimjams (if I can find 'em) to get our early morning cuppas. Woe is me. And woe for anybody peeking.:D

Thanks for that crookedhalo. We're in a Balcony on the inaugural crossing from Southampton, UK to NY, USA, so I guess that means no tea/coffee facilities, so I will have to go in my jimjams (if I can find 'em) to get our early morning cuppas. Woe is me. And woe for anybody peeking.:D

You could treat your better half to a nice cuppa out on the balcony...it is free to order it from Room Service...and you could even order some nice pastries and orange juice etc to go with it ...that will be sure to get you extra brownie points :D

Note to self...wear dark glasses in the morning incase any PJs are around :eek:

In fact, I believe you could preorder breakfast delivered to your room the night before...presuming you knew when you wanted to wake up, presuming you wouldn't lose track of time 8 days at sea.

It will also be my first TA.

I'm so excited too! I will be taking something to throw on quickly to get my coffee.

I'm wondering if it will be too cold for coffee on the balcony though?

Many many thanks HeidiAmsterdam & Elizanessie for those reassuring words. Actually, a cunning plan is springing to mind whereby I could order the cuppas & pastries & tell her that I have had to pay an enormous service charge, but she's worth it. Yes, that should secure a brilliant 8 days at sea. I'm glad I thought of that. Shimmykassy will never know.

After 2 days in NY, NY, we are flying back to Schiphol, so we could come & stay with you Heidi! That's all sorted then. I'm going to have to get my head around all these Meet & Greets, and Cabin Crawls I read about. They mean nothing to me. Life was never like this on Thomson ships!. C'est la vie.