Jewel to Alaska Freestyle Dailies

brunolvr

Thanks for posting these dailies! As someone who is new to ocean cruising, these were a great help to understanding what typical days activities were.

One thing I'm looking forward to but didn't see explicitly listed was the chocolate buffet. Was it there but I didn't see it? Which day(s)?

Thanks again for taking the time to post these!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Glad to hear the Freestyle Dailies have been helpful to you. Check out the Freestyle Daily for Day 5 -- Chocoholic Buffet was at 9:45.

Here's the info for disembarkation. They actually started the "Easy Walk Off" at 7:00AM (for those carrying off ALL of their own luggage) but the first color tag (yellow) wasn't called until 8:00AM, as it takes a while to get all the luggage unloaded and set up in the terminal building.

10371675_10152483173683139_2233417955283188857_n.jpg

10470827_10152483173693139_4603353752250288798_n.jpg

10446995_10152483173698139_6910454488592329726_n.jpg

I hope this info has been helpful!

Thanks for the quick response. It figures; first sheet of Day 5 was the ONLY page that didn't load in my browser. :-)

I don't want to miss that chocolate buffet! I've been on a strict diet to lose 10 pounds before my August cruise so that I can return at my normal weight! (I've discovered that I never gain more than a pound a day no matter how much I eat. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for posting these now I am more excited to leave on tbe 21st. I am trying to decide if we should take our own luggage and walk off. How was disembarking? We have a 1 pm flight.

You shouldn't have any problems in making your flight. We were in a suite so we had VIP disembarking but the lines weren't bad at all. After the first rush at 8AM, things quieted down by 9AM.

Thanks Sandy for taking the time to post all the dailies and inserts!

Just curious - how were you able to post these scanned dailies in such a nice readable format? Did you scan and cut & paste into the reply window here or what? So often when things are posted here it is a link to an outside source or the picture is so small you can't read it.

I ask so that I might be able to do the same the next time I sail!

Thanks!

Thanks Sandy for taking the time to post all the dailies and inserts!

Just curious - how were you able to post these scanned dailies in such a nice readable format? Did you scan and cut & paste into the reply window here or what? So often when things are posted here it is a link to an outside source or the picture is so small you can't read it.

I ask so that I might be able to do the same the next time I sail!

Thanks!

I scanned the dailies then posted them on my facebook page. Then one at a time I would right click on a picture then attach it with the little "insert image" icon on the cc page. Hope this helps.

Did you eat in any of the specialty dining restaurants? I purchased the UDP and made reservations (Moderno 2X, Cagney's 2X, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Teppanyaki) and I'm curious as to how much one is allowed to order. I understand there is a $10 fee for an additional entree, but what about appetizers, sides and desserts?

Did you eat in any of the specialty dining restaurants? I purchased the UDP and made reservations (Moderno 2X, Cagney's 2X, Le Bistro, La Cucina, and Teppanyaki) and I'm curious as to how much one is allowed to order. I understand there is a $10 fee for an additional entree, but what about appetizers, sides and desserts?

We enjoy the food in the main dining rooms but since we are Platinum we did eat one dinner in Chin Chin Asian Restaurant and one in La Cucina. An appetizer along with soup or salad and an entrée and dessert is enough for us so we never tried to order any additional.

• 1 month later...
Thank You - we sail in 3 weeks :-) now I am even more excited

You're welcome! I wish I was going again in 3 weeks! I'm so ready to cruise again! We're thinking about the Jewel to Alaska for May 7, 2015 although that's a little earlier in the season than we would prefer to go. But, it's a 9-day cruise and RT Seattle! :)

You're welcome! I wish I was going again in 3 weeks! I'm so ready to cruise again! We're thinking about the Jewel to Alaska for May 7, 2015 although that's a little earlier in the season than we would prefer to go. But, it's a 9-day cruise and RT Seattle! :)

The more often you cruise to Alaska the cheaper it gets right? :D

Because this first cruise to Alaska is getting very, very expensive. lol

The more often you cruise to Alaska the cheaper it gets right? :D

Because this first cruise to Alaska is getting very, very expensive. lol

We have found Alaska to be very addictive -- once is not enough! Yes, some of the excursions can be very expensive but, oh, what memories! ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

We just booked Alaska on Jewel for September. I also just found this post with the dailies, however, I can't see the pictures. Can someone help me determine what I'm doing wrong so I may download them for us to look them over? There is 4 of us going and would love to see what we are in store for as none of us have ever been to Alaska nor on the Jewel. Thanks in advance! :)

• 1 month later...