Cassablanca

quite good shopping in the old medina souk its a labyrinth of alleys its quite charming :cool: ...loads of knock off designer stuff... not too much hassle... walkable from the port or the hassan II mosque is worth a visit its walkable but the port area is very industrial...traffic is pretty heavy in casablanca... taxis line up at the port so probably easy to book a taxi tour

quite good shopping in the old medina souk its a labyrinth of alleys its quite charming :cool: ...loads of knock off designer stuff... not too much hassle... walkable from the port or the hassan II mosque is worth a visit its walkable but the port area is very industrial...traffic is pretty heavy in casablanca... taxis line up at the port so probably easy to book a taxi tour

Thank you.

We went a couple of years ago, the ship ran a shuttle into the City centre and we did our own thing. Wandered into the souk/market and down to the mosque area. We couldn't enter the mosque as non Muslims but it was stunning from the outside. The area is bustling but felt very safe and folk were friendly especially the children. We weren't interested in Ricks Bar etched so would recommend you do your own thing.

Do you recommend any excursions?

I've been to Casablanca twice with Thomsons. First time I went on their tour to the Hassan II mosque. We had a great guide which made this part really interesting (this mosque does allow tours). It also included a walk round the market (for a more local feel) and a tourist shopping stop where they accepted Euros (but I think they'd take pounds, dollars or any other hard currency). The next time I went on their tour to Rabat, which was a longer trip, but again I found it really interesting, more of a historic tour, worth doing if you've visited Casablanca before.

We went a couple of years ago, the ship ran a shuttle into the City centre and we did our own thing. Wandered into the souk/market and down to the mosque area. We couldn't enter the mosque as non Muslims but it was stunning from the outside. The area is bustling but felt very safe and folk were friendly especially the children. We weren't interested in Ricks Bar etched so would recommend you do your own thing.

That sounds ideal for us. Hope they are still running the shuttle buses. Thanks for that info.