Grand Cayman Sting Ray City tour that leaves from Sea Grape Beach?

cawhite

Hi everyone,

We're going to be on Grand Cayman in a couple of weeks. My DH and DD will be going diving with an dive operator that leaves from Sea Grape Beach. Does anyone know if there is a snorkeling operator that also leaves from the Public Beach / Sea Grape Beach area?

My DS and I want to snorkel and see the Sting Rays, and we could snorkel with the dive trip but they're not doing Sting Ray City. It would be easier if all 4 of us could all depart and return to the same general area.

Thanks!!!

I don't know of any that leave from Sea Grape - that would be the long way to Sting Ray sandbar. Does the dive operator have any suggestions?

You can try Red Sail - they will sell you a trip from Sea Grape, but I don't think the boat actually leaves from there. They will also charge cruise line prices since the do some of the cruise line tours.

http://www.redsailcayman.com/gc_index.html

From Courtyard Marriott - just north of Sea Grape:

fopgsS-yGFfD9mls8s5iv0ZDmNm9Izno0300.jpg

Why?

A - Rum Point

B - Stingray Sandbar

C - 7 Mile Beach

D - Georgetown and Cruise ships

E & F - where most (all?) boats depart from for Stingray Sandbar

To leave from 7 Mile Beach you have to go a ways to get there. Easier and cheaper from the bay side. You are only a short taxi ride away.

yEegCk42U6G7KSMqLrUirVRKx8-hEGRd0300.jpg

Thanks zydecocruiser! Love the map.

We've decided to use Moby Dick Tours. They were recommended by our dive operator, Neptunes Divers. They will pick us up near where the tenders come in, and drop us off at Sea Grape Beach when we're finished.

Carole

The dock for Captain Marvin's is fairly close to Sea Grape (across the street, and maybe a 1/4 mile drive). We booked a snorkel/stingray excursion with them, and they had no problem dropping us off at Sea Grape when we returned. There are plenty of cabs to take you back to the pier when you are done at Sea Grape.

Archived