Money Questtion

djnamttor

I know that you use a credit card when getting on-board. When are you billed for your accrued charges? Daily, at the end of the trip?

Basically, I am wondering if I can pay tab in cash at end of cruise to avoid charging my cc. I just refi'd and paid them off and don't want to go down that road again!!!!!:)

I know that you use a credit card when getting on-board. When are you billed for your accrued charges? Daily, at the end of the trip?

Basically, I am wondering if I can pay tab in cash at end of cruise to avoid charging my cc. I just refi'd and paid them off and don't want to go down that road again!!!!!:)

You sure can. Charges are posted daily to your account but not charged to your card until the account is closed. Many take the option of paying off the account with cash or travelers checks the last day.

My suggestion is go to the credit desk while at on the last day at sea, at the end of your vacation. I would then make a deposit on your account for the charges incurred for the week, and a few extra bucks to cover you for the last day.

You'll want to avoid settling your account on the morning of disembarkation. Two reasons...the credit desk is only open from 5:30am til 7am (way too early in the morning) - and the line will be a mile long...this is not fun. Standing in line with grumpy people.

You're not going to want to deal with this on the morning you're getting off the ship. Make the deposit the day before, avoid the rush. Put a few extra bucks on your account to cover your last day. Do your math...spend your entire balance (to avoid getting a refund)...so, if you do your math correctly, and if you do go over by a bit you'll only have a charge for a few bucks on your card.

Believe me, avoid the credit desk the morning of disembarkation.

The charges are billed at the end of the cruise. My dad just got his credit card bill and the closing date was the day we disembarked. All of the purchases he made in Alaska & Seattle were on the statement, but NCL's charges were not. They did not post until the next day.....he gets an extra month before he has to pay for his shipboard stuff! (in a way that is!)

Other friends that were with us on the cruise, attached their account to their credit card, but made payments of Traveler's Checks at the Credit desk a couple of times during the cruise. (they also won at bingo and had that money credited to their account too, which reduced the bottom line). They made their last payment to the account the last sea day in the afternoon. They then just allowed their last few purchases the last night on the ship to be billed to the account and allowed it to go to the credit card. They have received their statement as well and had only a minimual charge from NCL on their credit card. They decided not to fight the lines on the morning of disembarkation to pay off the small amount left.

Archived