Dubrovnik Restaurant Recommendations

Are there any restaurants that any of you would recommend in this area that is near the cruise port? Trying to decide if we should have lunch at the Restaurant with the Panoramic view after riding up on the cable car or in town?

Thanks

I am not sure where you will dock, but we docked way out near the Franjo Tuđman Bridge. And there was really nothing near by, including any good restaurants. So we just found a nice place within the walls and had a nice meal. Here's link to a photo I found showing some ships docked out by the bridge.

http://www.waymarking.com/gallery/image.aspx?f=1&guid=802f17e9-ec6b-490a-97ea-f3b41e6bf2b7&gid=3

Are there any restaurants that any of you would recommend in this area that is near the cruise port? Trying to decide if we should have lunch at the Restaurant with the Panoramic view after riding up on the cable car or in town?

Thanks

You will find nothing down near the dock, much better choices inside of the old town. Fresh seafood, dirty macaroni, cipacici only a few of our local dishes. We have NO fast food places at all, thank goodness. Enjoy some of local homemade meals.

Have lunch in town, no question. I didn't try the panoramic restaurant, but Dubrovnik old town just has so much choice. It felt like every corner we turned, a new delicious smell was calling us to eat! We had a wonderful meal at the Taj Mahal Bosnian restaurant, as we knew nothing of Bosnian cuisine and we like to try different things. I would recommend it to anyone, it's mainly meat based but there was a couple of nice sounding veggie options.

I think the key as with so many places in Europe is just avoid the obvious touristy restaurants, look for somewhere with a nice local atmosphere and you can't go far wrong! Enjoy!

Have lunch in town, no question. I didn't try the panoramic restaurant, but Dubrovnik old town just has so much choice. It felt like every corner we turned, a new delicious smell was calling us to eat! We had a wonderful meal at the Taj Mahal Bosnian restaurant, as we knew nothing of Bosnian cuisine and we like to try different things. I would recommend it to anyone, it's mainly meat based but there was a couple of nice sounding veggie options.

I think the key as with so many places in Europe is just avoid the obvious touristy restaurants, look for somewhere with a nice local atmosphere and you can't go far wrong! Enjoy!

Sounds like a plan! We will definitely explore old town! Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the info "D Lady" - we will be in D.. in September and will ask for the dish.

Sounds delicious - if you are around please let me know and join us for lunch!!

Karen

Would love to join you, just let me know when and where.

It will be on September 24th and we can talk about a place to meet closer to the day - just has to be within walking distance of the Gate to Old Town!

Karen:):)

Edited by Karen H