Fluffy in a swimsuit

Txwoman

Truly- if you look around you will always find more people larger than you are. Isn't that the truth? Some of those people will look worse, some will look better. But in 2005 EVERYONE has someone, or many people, in the family that they love and who are larger than average....

I always tell my husband that I'm built for comfort, not for speed. He still whistles when I get undressed.

He says that making love to a skinny woman is like diving into a pile of coat hangers.

Then I ask him how he knows, as we've been together for 38 years, since I was 17 and he was 19, and my size has ranged between a 12 and an 18--never skinny.

LOL I love that!!!! :)

Well, I had to get over myself in a bathing suit several years ago. Where I work I have to go into the swimming pool with disabled children every day, as a part of their therapy. It's all about them, not what I happen to look like. The whole school gets to see you in a bathing suit, the office looks over our pool. How many of you get to show your stuff at work?

I have 2 sisters, the oldest has a pool and spa at her house, so we have family gatherings there during the summer. My middle sister will not wear a bathing suit, even though both of her sisters are a bit "fluffy" and all our body shapes are similar. She sits at the table, doing her needlework, the rest of us (including her DH and kids) are having a great time in the pool.

So, swim, laugh, play, share......or sit on the sidelines worrying about who may or may not like your body, the choice is yours.

Go for it!! My mother is 58 years old and hasn't been in the water in years because she is afraid of how she looks in a swimsuit. She isn't really big, probably about a size 12. She has missed out on a ton of fun over the years. She makes me laugh because she will wear the ugliest most unfashionable clothes and say she doesn't care what people think. If she doesn't care, why won't she wear a swimsuit :confused: I am much bigger than my mom and I'm out there enjoying myself and not worrying about what people think. They probably ain't looking at me anyway ;) The important thing is to find a suit that makes you feel comfortable.

I'm proud of all of the ladies who said "go for it". Chances are none of us are going to be the biggest or the smallest on any given cruise. There is always going to be some one out there with a "better" body.

Don't let fear of wearing a swimsuit get in your way of having fun! If some one has a problem with the way any of us look in a swimsuit, it's their problem, not ours.

I got over myself and my hail damage after my first cruise. First of all, we are who we are and if we all looked alike, what a boring place it would be. I decided that if someone is going to be shallow enough to think ill of me because I am fluffy and dimpled, then so be it.

Go, enjoy yourself, have a blast and don't think twice about it!

Nobody will be looking at you anyway, they will all be too worried about what THEY look like. :D

Question for those of you who wear skirted swimsuits, what do you wear as a cover up for shore excursions when you will be part in the water and part shopping or sightseeing? Can't really wear shorts and most of the cover ups seem to make me look even more bulky in the hips with the shirt.

While on the small side, I too have an needless obsession with a particular area of my body: the less than smooth butt/thigh area. It's not the size its the consistancy. It is so unnecessarily embarrasing for me. So little is the problem for me that I can wear these skirted suits and you can't see a single lump, bump, or dimple. But it still bothers me. Obsession I tell you.

Since I'll be wearing the skirted suits, I have the same question as McDebbie:

Question for those of you who wear skirted swimsuits, what do you wear as a cover up for shore excursions when you will be part in the water and part shopping or sightseeing? Can't really wear shorts and most of the cover ups seem to make me look even more bulky in the hips with the shirt.

I'm thinking that the only solution is to wear skirts. I have 3 so far...I need 5...I might have to recycle 2 of the skirts...Or I might just give in, suck it up and wear the regular bikini. Maybe.

I don't know if this matters, but I must say that I never think anything negative about other women wearing suits, no matter what their size. Only ever: Good for Her! Except if I see a thong, I just find the look of a thong disturbing.

I have a skirted suit that I wear with a loose khaki skirt (Columbia- it is made from some kind of magic lightweight material) OR with my sons' nylon shorts. I am so lumpy that it actually has a smoothing, girdle-like effect! Just have to smooth the skirt part down!

This is for all of you ladies, including me..I applaude you...if that is all we had to worry about in this world, the world would be a better place, cause we all think alike...if you have to worry what people think, then all the people just "DON'T HAVE A LIFE" Iif they are thinking negitive thoughts about us..

God created all types of people., NO one is the same....but we are all created by the same person..we all have faults.

I am a bigger person and am not giving up on life because of it...so many true things were said in each and everyone of these messages, and we can all learn from them...go out and enjoy life, we may not be here tomorrow...

Live life to its fullest ....be HAPPY , HEALTHY AND WISE...TAKE CARE..

I've always been "fluffy" and I've always LOVED the water. So I've gotten used to being in public in swimsuits over the years. And you know what? People are far more consumed in their own fears and worries and really don't care what you look like!

Try this: straighten your back, look up and around and SMILE! Smiling will create a positive happy energy that comes back to you and builds and grows...THAT's what people will remember about you!

Archived