Royal Dolphin swim then Xcaret

pooh012

Going in Dec. on Conquest. One adult and one child want to do royal dolphin swim at Chankanaab Park and then join the rest of a group of us at Xcaret. Is this doable if they book the 10:00 or 12:00 swim? How would they get from Chankanaab to Xcaret? How long would it take them? Should the rest of us book Xcaret through Carnival or is it cheaper to "do it ourselves"?

why not do the dolphin swim AT Xcaret?

It may cost more for the swim, but i think if you factor in the transport TO Xcaret after your swim at Chankanaab, it will come out to the same.

i did my dolphin swim there and it was awesome.

CessKinKoS, did your swim include a "ride" with the dolphin. One difference between the two experiences appears to be the "type" of interaction w/the dolphin. The description we found on the web about Xcerat was really vague but the one at Chankanaab seemed to indicate that each swimmer received an individual "ride" with the dolphin. How many "swimmers" were in your group at Xcerat?

pooh,

i believe there were only about 8-11 ppl in my group, there were two groups.

as for the "ride" i don't know what you mean. the do push us thru the water w their noses, two of them push us. and when we got back and watched the video my bf made, i was the only one to completely stand up out of the water. (YEA!) IF you mean u hang off one of their fins, then no, we didnt do that over there. from what i learned in ecology and marine biology in college, that's not something i'd want to do anyway, it hurts them. (please don't ask me how, it was over 8 years ago, and all I remember was when i learned that, i vowed to not do that.)

CessKinKoS,

Thanks for the information. I think that they will be happy with the Xcaret experience as you have described it and the group can stay together. When did you go? Did you book through the cruise line or take the ferry over yourself? Did you book your swim on-line?

pooh,

My dolphin swim was in Sept 03. I booked it online at their website (http://www.xcaret.com/park-attractions/swim-with-dolphins.php), on my own. I was glad I did bc when I was signing in, they were turning people away. It's easy, sign up, they send you a confirmation email, print and bring that w you, once inside the main gates there is a desk where you'll pay and they'll tell you where to go. I got there early and literally could not sit still, like a little child again, so anxious to get in there w those delphin. I wish I still had a video clip of when I stood up out of the water online I could send you. My bro got a kick out of watching the video bc I kept floating into the center of the circle, he said that was so typical of me, always have to be at the center of attention (we were supposed to form a circle for the dolphins to swim around us for us to pet them).

I hope you have as much fun as I did!

Here's a pic from the end of my swim:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/CessKinKoS/Picture002.jpg

Archived