Redeem Funpoints & Get 10% Back

karinad

I got this offer today. I have never redeemed any Funpoints. I only opened my acct. last year and only have about 18,000. When they say redeem, what can I do with them? Can I just put them as a credit to my credit card? Is this an offer that you would take advantage of?

Like I said, I have no experience with it. We cruised last Sept. but I forgot to call and redeem them.

Thanks for any help!

To get a statement credit, go to the Barclay Carnival website then click on "Manage Rewards" icon, then click on the "Redeem Now" under the "Pay with Fun Points" . Click on the top line of cruises list, then on the "Buy Carnival TKT/RE" icon. You should receive a $100 statement credit for 10,000 points. That is what I got 5 times from the beginning of 2013 to April 2014. Then for some reason when I applied for a credit in mid May I got a $150 credit. I don't know why and I did not want look a gift horse in the mouth so I did not do any research.

i think i read on the cc site that you get the best value if your purchase is $1500 so maybe that's why you received $150 instead of $100. My last cruise purchase was $1296 and for that purchase I only get $100.

i think i read on the cc site that you get the best value if your purchase is $1500 so maybe that's why you received $150 instead of $100. My last cruise purchase was $1296 and for that purchase I only get $100.

Yes - you get the best rate of return redeeming against a $1500 or more Carnival charge. It significantly ups the amount you get for the same points. For any statement credit redemption, you have to have a Carnival charge in the last six months to put it against. The deals for OBC, Spa Credits, other gift certificates, etc. get you much less in $ per point redeemed.

If you know how to work the card, pay it in full each month to prevent interest, and manage the redemptions right (for instance I paid in full a cruise I booked four months out instead of putting deposit down and then final payment so I'd have the $1500 charge,) you can end up with significant savings on a cruise.

Does anyone know if this offer available to all card holders? or just the ones who received the email?

There's still a chance that you might receive this offer, too. It doesn't start until July 1 and through Dec.

I don't see any special code that I could pass along. The small print says it's available to select card members. The most that could be redeemed in that time period is 25,000. I've never redeemed any yet.