Cunard World Club

PeterB

To be elevated to this top level in the cunard world club you need to have voyaged more than 7 times OR 48days in one go.

In the main you benefit from priority checkin and embarkation and in invite to a senior officers party onboard, also your platinum pin, helps you to identify with other members onboard.

Does anyone know if cunard give any perks to someone about to celebrate 100 nights onboard? or do l need to gather some more cruise days yet?

cheers

Myles

To be elevated to this top level in the cunard world club you need to have voyaged more than 7 times OR 48days in one go.

Myles

Holland America Line counts only the days, not the voyages. To qualify for Platinum level the number of days required is 700. For the Presidents Club it is a mere 1,400 days!

Stephen

Does anyone know the qualifying number of sailings required for platinum membership of Cunard World Club. Help much appreciated.

Was 7, now I think it's 8, but there seems to be some confusion about this (wow, that's unusual).

I have found, QE2-wise, Cunard World Club platinum membership is qualified by times on, or total days, and these days it can vary. Best to check the 1 800 5 CUNARD number and ask for the World Club Desk............you'll get Seattle..........and ask just what is the count now. With the new owners and their own ways, things are changing; 7 times on or 48 days on sounds about right, but you never know now.

On 100 days? They may make a fuss.......or not.

I know a World Club member who was going to qualify and checked Cunard and was told they could either mail him his pin or he could wait and have it presented him his next time on, his 8th. He waited, it didn't happen. He checked again, was told the same thing and opted to wait until next trip. It didn't happen then, either. Again he checked and on his 10th time on he did get presented his pin at the World Club party in the Queens Room. Then he got one in the mail!

My qualification time I opted to be presented the platinum pin while on. I knew there were several on board who'd be getting the pin.....five or six at least. Come the day of the party, whoever was running the room made a big fuss about some woman on 342 days, the woman held the mike longer than any one wanted and then it was "oh, golly, we gotta' go to lunch" time and the names of those receiving platinum pins were read out and told the pins would be sent to their cabins!

My point: they know who is on and if no one is on to receive a platinum pin or even any type of World Club mention and one is on with 100 days, fuss will be made, can be. But if someone is on 400 days, they may not think so much of 100 days on but may read your name. It depends on the load and who is running the room. As with anything, anything can blow you out of the water.

Still and all, today's qualifying number may be smaller than before. Or worse, more. I'd check them.:)

Was 7, now I think it's 8, but there seems to be some confusion about this (wow, that's unusual).

We received our Welcome Letter to World Club only about 1 week ago and it definitiely stated "7 or more completed voyages or at least one voyage of 48 days or more" for Platinum.

We recently received our tickets for 30th August QE2 cruise and our World Club membership numbers have been changed to a new format. Called Cunard and this was done from 1st August, at least in the UK. They didn't seem to have any way of matching the new number to the old on their new system.

Seagreen,

That is interesting re the CWC numbers. I have booked the US Crossing / Canada Cruise on QE2 for next Sep'06 and my CWC number did not appear on my confirmation of booking invoice from Cunard. After checking this with my Travel Agent they advised that Cunard are 'changing the format' of their invoices and that they'd send me a new invoice to show my CWC number (that is showing on their system) once they have done this.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

I spoke to Cunard UK about World Club on Friday & they said they were 'migrating' their system....and I checked to see how many of my trips they had recorded - all of them, including the one booked via the US....rather giving the lie to the statement that 'trips booked in the US won't count towards a UK World Club number...a canard from Cunard - how shocking!

Peter

Recently returned from QE2 Med Cruise.

I contacted Cunard WC some time ago regarding status of Membership for myself (then 3, now 4 trips) and my Mother who was travelling with me (7, now 8 trips).

I heard nothing from them in this regard, despite a repeat email, so I didnt bother after that.

Mum & I were most pleasantly surprised when on, I think the 3rd night on board we returned to the cabin after dinner to find we had each received a gold pin in a nice little box together with an invitation to the Captains Gold & Platinum members Cocktail Party!

Full marks to Cunard there!

Does anyone know if cunard give any perks to someone about to celebrate 100 nights onboard? Myles

On my last Cunard sailing a gentleman was honored at the WC party for having 100 voyages on various Cunard ships during the past 40+ years

During the party (which the Captain was not able to attend) an announcement was made by one of the Senior Officers and he was given some type of commemorative pendant (Cunarder – Ed – might remember). I just remember it was in a small box. As for any other perks, none were mentioned.

I spoke to Cunard UK about World Club on Friday & they said they were 'migrating' their system....and I checked to see how many of my trips they had recorded - all of them, including the one booked via the US....rather giving the lie to the statement that 'trips booked in the US won't count towards a UK World Club number...a canard from Cunard - how shocking!

Peter

Guernseyguy,

I've never managed to book via the US as although I've got fantastic offers,they wanted me to pick up the tickets at the pier on the day which I didn't trust.

Julia

Archived