8 year old - Dolphin Swim?

cakolb

We will be in Cozumel Jan 2. We were hoping to do the Dolphin Swim at 10:00am. 3 kids - 18, 16, & 8. Will this be ok for our 8 year old (she is a very good swimmer)? But I hate to spend $125 and have her freak out. Can the parents watch or do we have to take part too? Is there something else I can do with my daughter at the park while Dad & boys are doing the dolphin swim?

We will be in Cozumel Jan 2. We were hoping to do the Dolphin Swim at 10:00am. 3 kids - 18, 16, & 8. Will this be ok for our 8 year old (she is a very good swimmer)?
DD did it when she was 9 without any problem. She did the swim along with her 13 y/o brother, but she would have done it without him. She just loves the water. I think your DD will have a good time if she is genuinely interested in doing the swim.

Can the parents watch or do we have to take part too?
Parents can watch and take photos for free from up on the walkway, but to take part too will cost you the same $125.

Is there something else I can do with my daughter at the park while Dad & boys are doing the dolphin swim?
You much not know much about Chankanaab park. There is tons of stuff to do there in addition to the dolphin thingy. If you all go there and the kids and DH do the swim, you can take the photos and then you all can go snorkeling, play mini-golf, tour the botanical gardens and reproduction Mayan ruins, eat at the restaurant (food was pretty good too) and relax. You could easily spend the whole day there and since the admission charge is $12 for adults $8 for little kids. It is cash only for admission, but the Dolphin program accepts plastic. Seems like they would have to in order to sell all the photos and videos of the swims, they aren't cheap.

You can see photos of both the park and the dolphin swim here:

Dolphin Swim photos

Cozumel photos with Chankanaab photos on the second page.

Archived