Boston Town Crier

mom4mom

I purchased 2 vouchers from Amazon Local for the Boston Town Crier Walking tour. The 1 1/2 hour tour begins at Boston Common and guides you for 1 mile though 12 sites of the Freedom Trail ending at Faneuil Hall. Tours usually begin at 9:30am or 3:30pm, with several days also at 12:30pm.

I had posted on my Roll Call and a Boston native highly recommended this tour. He learned more on that tour than he knew from just living in the area his entire life.

I didn't realize the vouchers that I purchased expire on 9/29/2014 and we won't be visiting Boston until 10/24. You can see more information about these tours on their website - bostontowncrier dot com. If you are interested please email me at doulamom4mom at yahoo dot com.

Did you contact Boston Town Crier to see if they would honor your vouchers for the later date? It's worth a shot even if you pay a little more money. October is more off season for them, so perhaps there is some wiggle room.

Edited by 138east

Did you contact Boston Town Crier to see if they would honor your vouchers for the later date? It's worth a shot even if you pay a little more money. October is more off season for them, so perhaps there is some wiggle room.

I did, Carol, and they would take the value of the voucher and I would have to make up the difference which would make them full price. I was hoping someone else could use them at half price and then I will keep my eye out for another offer.

How much do you want for the vouchers? We will be in Boston on July 19th

I was looking to get what I paid for them - $14 for the two tickets (retail value $14 each)

The subsequent poster said that you can download info from the internet and take the tour on your own. This is true but I've found that you can get more of the local color with a tour guide. Someone on my Roll Call board who is a native Bostonian recently used this guide and said he learned so much more from this guide than he ever knew.

Let me know if you are interested.

Let me check how to get from the port to the starting point and how long it takes. I know it is not walking distance from the port. I am in Canada so how would we do payment?

I did mapquest directions and it looks like the Boston Commons Visitors Center is approximately 2 miles from the port. Hopefully Carol 138East can chime in as to the best way to get there. We were planning to take the metro from our hotel near the airport.

If you find a satisfactory resolution and would like to purchase them, my husband has a PayPal account to which you can post US dollars and then I will mail you the voucher. Thank you for your interest. I hope it works out for you as it sounds like a wonderful tour.

In front of the cruise terminal you take the Silver Line bus ($2.50 exact change/pp or $5 for two) to South Station. When you get off the bus, go right to the end of the platform to transfer to the Red Line direction Alewife and go two stops to Park St, which is the Boston Common.

In front of the cruise terminal you take the Silver Line bus ($2.50 exact change/pp or $5 for two) to South Station. When you get off the bus, go right to the end of the platform to transfer to the Red Line direction Alewife and go two stops to Park St, which is the Boston Common.

Do you know roughly how long it will take to get into town. There is a tour at 9:30 so what to make sure the logistics work.

Thank you

Paula

I did mapquest directions and it looks like the Boston Commons Visitors Center is approximately 2 miles from the port. Hopefully Carol 138East can chime in as to the best way to get there. We were planning to take the metro from our hotel near the airport.

If you find a satisfactory resolution and would like to purchase them, my husband has a PayPal account to which you can post US dollars and then I will mail you the voucher. Thank you for your interest. I hope it works out for you as it sounds like a wonderful tour.

Hi

We would like to buy your tickets. Looks like everything will work out great. Please email me at olsonpaula at hotmail dot com and you can give me the paypal account. I assume you can email me the vouchers once you receive payment. I am worried snail mail would take too long. Thank you

Paula

Do you know roughly how long it will take to get into town. There is a tour at 9:30 so what to make sure the logistics work.

Thank you

Paula

What day of the week? You're going to Boston Common, right?

What day of the week? You're going to Boston Common, right?

It will be on a Saturday going to Boston Common. I checked the schedule and it appears it takes about 30 minutes

Yes, but i'd allow a little extra time on a Saturday. It appears that the meeting place is 139 Tremont, which would be in the park just south of the Park St T Station going with the direction of traffic (Tremont is one way).

Paula,

I hope that you got the vouchers for the Boston Town Crier tour and that you find it a fun and informative day. I'd love to hear how it was once you return. Hope I can find as good a deal for when we come a month later.

Carol, I appreciate you input for getting them to the meeting place. You are so knowegable about the area. It helps to get a local's prespective.

Joan