Jewel Of The Seas- Cruise Review- June 14th-21st. (With photos)

Ty85

Greetings everyone!.

Hope everyone is enjoying the review so far. Sorry for the M.i.a. I worked two weeks straight cause it was busy, i work at a dog day care center, which meant 80 or so dogs all 4th of July week.

Up next is St. Maarten.

We woke up early to start getting ready. We could hardly sleep since we were so excited! We were docked on the industrial side of the Island. So our view was of cargo ships and the like. We went to the Windjammer for breakfast, i had pancakes, eggs, some fruit, and a muffin. That was pretty much the breakfast menu for me.

We got off the ship and walked toward the water taxi. The water taxi was 7 dollars both ways or 5 dollars one way. On the way back to the cruise ship we were pretty much within walking distance. So the 5 dollar would have been better. The distance is generally 15 minutes walking. We docked right in the middle of the town. The taxi provides bottled water and soda at an extra cost.

St. Maarten boardwalk area consists of many beaches. The waves are very small, so families with young children could easily enjoy those. Lounge chairs and umbrellas are available for rent as well. Along the boardwalk are some shops, bars, and restaurants. A lot of the shops are more in-town. Also walking off the cruise ship there are shops that are guaranteed by the cruise line. Most of our time in St. Maarten was walking around and looking at the shops. The beach however, did look very enjoyable.

Shopping, is pretty much what you would expect to see. Lots of souvenir stores selling T-shirts and other memorable items. Lots of jewelry stores and electronic stores. My grandma did get a backpack and a table cloth. There is a table cloth store more in-town by the church area. One of the things that i really wanted to get was chocolate. The ship was talking up the chocolate store so much, i had to check it out. I got two small bags of chocolate and some others to fill a small box. The chocolate store is in the cruise terminal shopping area, they can also deliver to the ship.

After walking around the area, we found a nice gelato shop. It's called, Gelateria Milano. The gelato was reasonably priced. I got a two scope cone; with banana and wild berry.

After enjoying the delicious treat, we walked around the marina that is right next to the shop. Then found that we were right within walking distance of the ship. So we headed back, as i had a spa appointment.

Up next: Photos of St. Maarten and my first ever massage.