Jewel Mini Suite Balcony Dividers

We have a mldship mini suite booked on the Jewel for our Alaskan cruise in August. In everyone picture or video I've seen from the Jewel mini suites it looks like the full white balcony dividers stop about 1-2 feet from the railing (with that final section only having a shorter clear glass divider). Does anyone know if the white dividers actually slide out further to give you privacy or will we be seeing our neighbors if we stand at the rail? :D

Thanks in advance for any insight on this.

Outside the overhang (we had MB cabins 11626-11630 on Jade couple of weeks ago, personally I absolutely loved the location and the lack of overhang - I definitely prefer these over MA cabins under the overhang) the separating wall is different, there is no class section and it's all solid white that has a rounded corner on top. Too bad that I probably didn't take a picture of that.

We were in a midship mini suite. We did not like the lack of privacy on the balcony at all. You can see everyone standing along the rail. I have a hard time posting pics, but here one is, I hope you can see it.

Sharon, Thanks for the picture. I was able to enlarge to see it better. Do you remember your cabin now? Was your balcony under the overhang?

Sharon, Thanks for the picture. I was able to enlarge to see it better. Do you remember your cabin now? Was your balcony under the overhang?

I'm glad the picture worked! All I remember is that it was on deck 11. Now you have me wondering. Maybe it wasn't midship. Maybe more aft??? Sorry! :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, you can see all your neighbors , but only if they, ( and you) are standing at the rail. However, the neighbor on either side can peek around easily if so inclined and see your entire balcony , and anything you might be doing there. I had to remind my teenage son not to peep on our neighbor , a young lady about his age, lest he come face to face with her father. Lol

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sdmike, Do you remember your cabin number? We'll be in 11566. Thanks for the picture!

And thanks to the other replies for the info too!

We were in 11036 on the starboard side, which I prefer for AK