Sheraton San Pedro?

emmilu

Justed stayed there Aug 1st. I have stayed many times for a pre cruise. This hotel is now like a hotel with no name. Crown Point apparnetly has purchased the property but they haven't beban to renovate. I am sure after talking with several employees it will be very nice, but in the meantime the place is trying but they are obviously not spending any money till the new owners arrive. Employees told me they are going to regut the place. Until that is done and during I would stay away. This is coming from someone who loved the Sheraton....

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know what the Sheraton San Pedro changed over to?

I have read on the boards it may now be a Crown Pointe, but cannot locate a web site. Thanks for any help.

I was there in February, 2005 and it was still called the Sheraton. I stayed at the Holiday Inn but considered changing to the Sheraton San Pedro. It is in a safer area of

town at night.

Cobourg Cruiser

Really weird as the hotel last week had a tarp sign hanging on it saying LA Harbor Hotel. I see that there appears to be construction along side. It is my understanding the remodeling by floor has started. Very sketchy. I guess I will have to go inside over the next couple of weeks and actually ask what is scheduled to happen.

Hi SHayes,

When you do get the chance to go inside the LA Harbor Hotel, will you post a report of what is going on there. I am staying there in December and have gotten a lot of different dates when Crown Plaza is taking over. The desk staff really don't give me any specific answers to questions about any renos or such. Thank you

I just spoke with the reservation desk, it will be a Crown Plaza mid Oct. according to her. The park and sail package went up $20 for 2006 to $169. I asked her about the food, she said it would be the same as before, which wasn't to my taste for dinner, but there is a good Mex place next door. Parking will be still be undergroud. I also asked what the rooms were going for on Priceline and she said she didn't know. I think it is still a good deal, close the the pier, saving $77 by parking there, breakfast included $20 or so, in reality the room is $72.

I phoned the 1-800 number for Crown Plaza hotels to ask when the LA Harbor will become a Crown Plaza hotel. The person I spoke to said they will take over in November, but I have heard reports that it might be late October. I am just a bit concerned because since I am staying there one night pre cruise in December, I don't want to be there when (and if) any major renovations are going on - even if it is only for one night.

Archived