DD214 in Galveston

nascar junkie

That just means your old :p:D

Hey Dennis, thanks for the link

Good Idea to have an extra one just for RCCL cruises

The only way you could call me old is because you knew what I was talking about -- what does that make You?

Anyway, I cannot remember if we got the military discount for that Radiance cruise, but it was about then that I got my copies. I stuck one in my wallet so I had it, and it is still there. Along with my "twenty year letter" and transfer orders to the retired reserve. [i also carry a copy of my Airborne School certificate but that is just vanity].

As is typical with my entire military career, I am in a position no one seems to think about when they make the "general" rules. I was on active duty for 4+ years [and received a DD214] but then served in the Army Reserve for 20+ years before entering the retired reserve. I may be old [ask jonbgd] but I am not yet old enough to get paid as a retired reservist. I am what they call "gray area" retiree. As a retiree, I did not receive a DD214, but since I am not getting paid yet, I still have the same ID card [green] I had when I retired which is not in the list of accepted documentation. My servicing installation won't give me a new one -- I've asked. Anyway, I just carry all the records I have and hopefully if I am ever asked, something will work. If nothing else, I assume my DD214 from my 4 years of active duty will work. There is nothing in the rules that says you can't have continued service after the time that qualifies you for a discount.

Edited by mjldvlks