Aquatrax - for the faint of heart?

cruisin'sz

The choice to go as fast or as slowly as you want is just that...totally up to you. The excursion is in the lagoon and I haven't heard of anyone taking the jetskis into the open ocean (with the exception of those "former" HAL employees). The guide told me that riding single is better than doubling up because you are more likely to tip over with two riding as opposed to one. He also said that the chances of tipping over with one rider are very slim. I was a bit timid myself when I first got on one of the jetskis but after some casual straight aways and some very slow turns, I got used to it and was speeding along just like the rest of my group by the end of the tour. My suggestion is give it a try...I'm sure you'll love it. :)

Tell me a little about the Aquatrax tour. I'm a bit of a chicken but it sounds like fun. Can you double up? Are you out in the open ocean or a more calm lagoon? Has anyone ever tipped over?

The guided tour (in the lagoon) is single-file with no free time; there are obstructions in the shallow water that are dangerous for those who aren't familiar with it. Everyone goes at top speed, and if you slow down everyone behind you has to slow down, too. :( I didn't feel strong enough to drive one on my own, so they let us double up (still had to pay pp), but nothing was said about tipping over.

Candy <-- will do it again next week

Everyone DOES go at top speed (approx. 45 mph) but if you feel that this is too fast for you, you should make sure that you are one of the last jetskis to leave the shore so that you won't hold anyone up. By being near or at the end you also have a second guide close to you who normally brings up the rear for slower riders. As far as being in single-file, our group definitely wasn't following the rules if that was the case. As long as we steered clear of the shallow areas where the coral was we could go where we wanted.

Archived