Emergency number to all the ship?

geovet

Anyone trying to contact a passenger onboard a ship they must use the following phone number:

Emergency Contact Number: 1-877-225-7447 (I'm told the cost is $9.50/minute)

The Caller must be able to provide the following information on the passenger(s) they are trying to contact:

· Name of the person(s) to be contacted

· Name of the ship

· Date(s) of travel

· Booking Number

· Cabin Number

Policies and technology changes, so it would not hurt to double check with Carnival.

Anyone trying to contact a passenger onboard a ship they must use the following phone number:

The Caller must be able to provide the following information on the passenger(s) they are trying to contact:

· Name of the ship

· Date(s) of travel

· Booking Number

· Cabin Number

Policies and technology changes, so it would not hurt to double check with Carnival.

9.50 a minute? If that's true, just bring your cell phone.

· Name of the ship

· Date(s) of travel

· Booking Number

· Cabin Number

Carnival NO LONGER uses this method for contacting the ship--it changed last fall. According to Mary from Carnival's social media team

You can give your family the 888-carnival number. If there is an Emergency they just need to ask for a supervisor and they will contact the ship for them at that time.

Also your cellphones will work on the ship but you would need to check with your carrier regarding charges. The Currently Onboard Forum is also a good way to stay in touch. I would just create before you sail and then show them how to log into Funville. It's pretty cool and a free way to stay in touch.

http://m.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/297961/1539186.aspx

Guest Services on the ship will then get in touch with you to ensure that you received the message. Someone in the past few months had a family emergency and they allowed the guest to use the phones in the office gratis. I'm not sure if that's their actual policy or something the staff did based on the situation.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

We were on the Freedom in February, when my wife's Grandmother passed away. We were called to Guest Services and were told we needed to call home for a family emergency. They let us use their phones to call at no expense. Guest Services also called us several times after that, checking on us and to see if they could do anything else for us.

Our family had called Carnival's 1-800 # .

Carnival NO LONGER uses this method for contacting the ship--it changed last fall. According to Mary from Carnival's social media team

http://m.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/297961/1539186.aspx

Guest Services on the ship will then get in touch with you to ensure that you received the message. Someone in the past few months had a family emergency and they allowed the guest to use the phones in the office gratis. I'm not sure if that's their actual policy or something the staff did based on the situation.

Much better information... thanks for the update.