Ship Time vs Port Time

kmdefreit

How can I find out the difference between ship time and the time at the ports? I am going on Carnival Paradise on 9/15 and we will be going to Cozumel & Grand Cayman. I want to do some outside tours, but need to compare times.

both of these ports are Central Time and observe Daylight Savings. since Tampa is Eastern time and usually the ship will stay homeport time unless otherwise noted ship time should be 1 hour ahead of port time.

As long as the ship stays on Florida time (which it most likely will), it will be one hour earlier in both ports than ship time. The arrival/departure times in port is ship time, so it will actually be one hour earlier than that in port. Cozumel is Central time, observing daylight savings. Grand Cayman is actually on Eastern time, but they do not observe daylight savings, so their time right now is equal to Cozumel's. Not so in the winter. For future reference, use timeanddate.com to find out this information. I love that website!

Edited by k2excursion

Does anyone know if Carnival will change their ship time when daylight savings time ends after we have left port? We leave 11/1 and daylight savings time ends 11/2. Just trying to figure out times to schedule our excursions since we book seperately and not through Carnival. Thanks!

Does anyone know if Carnival will change their ship time when daylight savings time ends after we have left port? We leave 11/1 and daylight savings time ends 11/2. Just trying to figure out times to schedule our excursions since we book seperately and not through Carnival. Thanks!

Great point. I have had one cruise during the "fall back" switch, and the ship did indeed change ship time overnight Saturday night, the same time that the mainland did. It was also our first night on the ship. It was listed on the Fun Times, and an announcement was made. I have heard that this is what is common, but I can't say for sure.

Thank you! I'm guessing they will change the time as well since it's our first night from port. Seems to be the easiest to do. I'm going to call them as well but it's always good to hear from someone that experienced the same situation.

If you need to change times, it will be announced in the Funtimes. That will be the ship time. If you get off in port, find the nearest clock. That will be port time. Keep note of that, but keep your watch set to ship time

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg