Another Clamshell Question

TidePrideGA

We are on the 12/11 Westerdam Western Caribbean sailing.

I have been trying to pre-book a clamshell, but it says "zero departures" and won't let me continue without selecting a "departure" time ... but nothing is available in that drop down except "remove from list".

Does this mean they're sold out? If that were the case, shouldn't there be (as the front page says) a note to that affect in the descriptive section? And shouldn't there be a waitlist? Should I keep trying?

We don't feel a cabana is worth the $$ for us, but DH is INSISTING on shade. Should I go ahead and book one of the two remaining cabanas and cancel (fully refundable or cancellation fee??) if a clamshell comes up?

Thanks!

Hi,

The day we are to be at HMC the Zaandam will also be there. Someone else said on our roll call thread that they had successfully ordered a clamshell for their 12/4/ cruise, but couldn't do one for their 12/11 cruise.

However, I am not the expert. I suggest you call HAL and try to book a clamshell through the office. Sometimes it is just a computer glitch and live personnel can get what you want accomplished.

Roberta

Hi,

The day we are to be at HMC the Zaandam will also be there. Someone else said on our roll call thread that they had successfully ordered a clamshell for their 12/4/ cruise, but couldn't do one for their 12/11 cruise.

However, I am not the expert. I suggest you call HAL and try to book a clamshell through the office. Sometimes it is just a computer glitch and live personnel can get what you want accomplished.

Roberta

Thanks, Roberta! I went ahead and booked the terracotta cabana today just in case, but think I will call HAL tomorrow and see what's up. Neither DH nor I really feel for our particular use the cabana will be worth the $$, but would rather have it than nothing. This will be our first full day in the sun and he wants to be able to "hang on the beach" with more between him and the sun than sunscreen.

Archived