Anytime Dining on RCI??

Anytime dining on Royal Caribbean  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Anytime dining on Royal Caribbean

• YES
    • NO
    • Don't care

That service is available on another line or two. Why would Royal Caribbean want to be just like those? Each line should attempt to maintain their own style. Why dumb down the RC cruise?

AMEN!

They already have anytime dining-its called the Windjammer or room service!!! Or seaview cafe, or Portofino or Chops or Johnny Rockets-with all those choices, you can eat anytime!!!

They already have anytime dining-its called the Windjammer or room service!!! Or seaview cafe, or Portofino or Chops or Johnny Rockets-with all those choices, you can eat anytime!!!

I just mean in the dining rooms. Not having to go to a buffet or pay extra to have dinner at the time you want.

This is why we stopped cruising with NCL, it was terrible, around 80% of the guests seemed to want to eat at the same time. You queued in line for about 30 minutes only to be told "can you come back in about an hour".

As HDawson said, "why should RCCL follow others" when they have got a good set up. At least their way you get to know fellow guests better when you have the same table throughout the cruise and also the service from the wait staff is far more superior.

I would love to see anytime dining as an OPTION on RCL, as it is on Princess. That way, those who prefer traditional dining may choose that and those who want could choose the anytime dining. It in no way diminished the dining experience.....formal night was still dress up, even if you chose anytime dining. It's just that you ate in a different dining room. Since RCL has multi-deck dining rooms, they could designate one deck anytime dining and the other(s) traditional.

Emily. With 85% in this poll against any form of freestyle or personal choice, how would you divy up the dining room to satisfy the 15%? If anytime dining is an important consideration, why not look at Princess or NCL? Why would Royal Caribbean want to imulate the competition and loose their style and some of their loyal fans?

This is why we stopped cruising with NCL,

But NCL is only freestyle (anytime) with no traditional seating times.

My question was to offer it as an option in addition with the traditional, something what Princess offers.

Emilygrace - I thought of the same thing.....one level being traditional while the other is anytime. Not having a schedule for dinner, especially when on vacation is ideal, imo.

I sailed NCL one time and never again because of the free style. You never get to know your waitstaff because is't different every night.

As it was said earlier "if it isn't broke don't fix it."

Joyce

At first, I thought I would answer yes. But after reading the posts and thinking about it, I agree I like it the way that it is. Having two seatings allows for some flexibility but still brings a sense of formality. The best way I can describe what I mean by this is that its like you are going to "a dinner" rather just going to dinner. Anytime dining is nice, I'm sure, and its not like I would be opposed to it. But I don't think its something I would campaign for.

Don't mess with a great thing!! Trying to offer "just options" to accomodate everyone is how so many things loose their uniqueness. Royal Caribbean should try to accomodate their customers to their highest ability, and they do that by offering 24 hr. room service, dining at the windjammer, pizza in the solarium and the Promenade, and in most cases, an alternative restaurant or 4 such as Chops Grill, Portifinos, Seaview Cafe & Johnny Rockets....but leave it to some people to still want MORE. RCI knows what their doing...I just hopethey don't start letting the nagging "but the other lines are doing it...." customers change their dinner service because it's awesome already!!! :D

Fixed dining is one of our pleasures on cruises...We have loved getting to know our waiters and tablemates...NO, NO, NO...Let Royal Caribbean stay the way it is....Let Carnival and company do it but not RCL or Celebrity!

NO, NO, NO and double NO!!!!! :mad: :eek:

We sailed on NCL last year and will never go back. The service was lousy and there is no incentative to do a good job, since the tipping is automatic. We did NOT like freestyle cruising. RCI has it right! That's why they are a classy line. I like knowing my waiters and tablemates. Plus, I feel it's a priviledge being served by a good wait team, which gives me the opportunity to tip them more if they do a good job. You, don't have that option on NCL or maybe others. I'll stay with RCI any day. Don't mess up a good thing!!

I voted no. I haven't experienced anytime but I have heard such bad things. So I might say maybe if RCI could do it in such a way that people don't end up making standing reservations every night like they seem to on Princess.....

I liked the idea when I heard that Princess had different menus in each restaurant but now that they have stopped that, it looses some of its appeal.

Also, I loved getting to know my waitstaff- such friendly service and attention to detail (they knew how we liked our steaks, drink preferences, etc.) would suffer if I was at a new table with new waiters each night.

We also like knowing that if we go to dinner at a set time we are not going to miss a show or another activity- must be tricky to plan this with anytime if you end up waiting an hour for a table sometimes:eek:

Just my opinion- maybe I will try anytime dining sometime and be converted....

On large ships like those RCI has "anytime" dining seems to mean "anytime except when everyone wants to actually eat". With specialty dining, Windjammer and room service you can always eat "anytime", but it is nice to know that you can go to the dining room for dinner and not have to wait for a table!

We just did a 21 day cruise on NCL and loved the freestyle. It took an element of stress..set dinner time...out of the cruise. It was so relaxing. We are all on schedules at home and while on vacation a schedule is the last thing I want.

If meeting people and making friends is important, anytime dining is going to increase your odds. We met so many more people by having different tablemates each evening. Some we hit it off with, others not so much. I have never really understood the fixation with having the same waiters every night.

Fixed time dining is the only downside about our upcoming RCCL cruises. We will miss the freedom of freestyle.

Archived