Premium Alcoholic Drinks Pacakge - Question

If the "double" drink price is under $13 then technically "yes"....if not it depends on the bartender. We found that on the Equinox that the wine by the glass was rather a very generous pour, also at the different bars we would ask for a little "extra" in the martini and there was no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
I am sailing on the Celebrity Eclipse in Oct & have purchased the Premium Alcoholic Drinks Package.....my question is can I order a large glass of wine or double measure of gin for example with this option or not....Thanks x :confused:

Bear in mind that spirits are hand poured (apart from molecular bar) so are much stronger than a standard pub measure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi there! It all depends on who the bartender is, techinically the rule would be yes if the double equals less than $13. I haven't had a problem ordering doubles in the past although I tend to tip the bartender about $20 at the beginning of the cruise in the Martini Bar because they end up seeing you a lot. The tip goes a long way :-)

Edited by JonnyCT81
Forgot something

Hi there! It all depends on who the bartender is, techinically the rule would be yes if the double equals less than $13. I haven't had a problem ordering doubles in the past although I tend to tip the bartender about $20 at the beginning of the cruise in the Martini Bar because they end up seeing you a lot. The tip goes a long way :-)

I saw a special on RCCL last year. The food and beverage manager was describing how booze is tracked down to the ounce. Apparently, liquor, as one of the chief profit centers, is tracked very closely. Not only to dissuade bartenders from over pouring. Also, the line tracks the profitability of that sailing down to the dollar. Cabin fares were only a footnote. As the cruise came to the midpoint and calculations showed profitability was in danger they would offer drink specials, spa specials and so forth.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't worry what you can and can't have with the premium drinks package. Anything I ordered, I just swiped and was never charged...

When on eclipse 2 weeks ago, the limit was $15 per glass as the menu prices exclude gratuities and the uk package includes gratuities.

In restaurants; blu; bars - they very good at remembering the premium customers - especially in the molecular bar - half the time they didn't even bother swiping the card as they knew us to see.

Wines were excellent at dinner... Wee tip, if you trust the sommelier to pick your wine for you based on what you are eating, 9 times out of 10 we were given great wines not on the menu.

Another tip is to mention you are on premium at bars when you order a drink, especially cocktails - as it can mean the difference between the bar staff making your drink with standard or premium spirits. You've paid for premium so make sure you get it. Didn't pay once for a cocktail - just remember you are not limited to menu- you can order whatever you want. If you know what's in it, most bars (except molecular) will make it for you on the premium package and not charge extra.

Double shots - no problem again... Frequently did that with a baileys

Beer - no problem- complete list included

I think you get the gist... On premium... The attitude is generally no problem

I wouldn't worry what you can and can't have with the premium drinks package. Anything I ordered, I just swiped and was never charged...

When on eclipse 2 weeks ago, the limit was $15 per glass as the menu prices exclude gratuities and the uk package includes gratuities.

In restaurants; blu; bars - they very good at remembering the premium customers - especially in the molecular bar - half the time they didn't even bother swiping the card as they knew us to see.

Wines were excellent at dinner... Wee tip, if you trust the sommelier to pick your wine for you based on what you are eating, 9 times out of 10 we were given great wines not on the menu.

Another tip is to mention you are on premium at bars when you order a drink, especially cocktails - as it can mean the difference between the bar staff making your drink with standard or premium spirits. You've paid for premium so make sure you get it. Didn't pay once for a cocktail - just remember you are not limited to menu- you can order whatever you want. If you know what's in it, most bars (except molecular) will make it for you on the premium package and not charge extra.

Double shots - no problem again... Frequently did that with a baileys

Beer - no problem- complete list included

I think you get the gist... On premium... The attitude is generally no problem

Hi Maximusas

Very interesting, we have just booked Eclipse for Oct (possibly same cruise as Essex Girl) and have the classic drinks package and $300 OBC as part of the 123 deal. Would much prefer the Premium drinks package as I enjoy a well made cocktail and not having to worry about which wine we can order. So did you book the premium package upfront or did you upgrade from a classic package ... and do we do it before and pay in £££'s or wait until boarding and upgrade using $$$ OBC ?

Anyone else done this ?