Price is lower now-how do I get reduction

I have a booking for November 1. We booked when they were offering $200.00off for past guests. We have given them a deposit-final payment is due Aug. 1. We have a OV aft on deck 1 Cat 6 A (Freedom). I see today that I can change it to a midship OV cat 6B for less money than my current booking. I would like to move and pay less but last time I changed cabins, Carnival cancelled my reservation altogether. I didn't know until I saw the cabin I had selected was listed again as available while checking prices. Can someone tell me the best way to switch and is it possible to do so. Thanks in advance.

Thanks to a friend on a FB board, I heard the price for my Dec 6th cruise dropped too! So I searched price guarantee and filled out the form online. I was approved and credited within 15 minutes. I took a screenshot of the price, just in case.

If you are able to change, it's the deposit that will make a difference. If you had a reduced deposit, it will automatically call for a full deposit at booking. Many times (as you found out) you are not informed of this flaw, that's why you got cancelled before.

I don't understand how the whole price drop thing works - don't you only have 2 days after to find a lower price? I see so many people posting about it, what's the deal.........are there other situations where you can make a claim?

Edited by Fergus

I don't understand how the whole price drop thing works - don't you only have 2 days after to find a lower price? I see so many people posting about it, what's the deal.........are there other situations where you can make a claim?

If you book ES rate, you can get a price drop up to 5 business days before sailing. If you do not book ES rate, you can get a price drop up to final payment date. The process is the same either way. ES rate simply allows you to get a price drop after final payment date which is when most cruises start to really drop in price if they are having problems filling the ship.