Dining question for the Breakaway

Sponge4God

Has anyone tried the $119 restaurant deal? They say you can go to a different restaurant each day. Is every restaurant open for this deal? It seems like a great deal. Is there any bad things with this deal? Is there any hidden charges? Thank you for any responses!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

Has anyone tried the $119 restaurant deal? They say you can go to a different restaurant each day. Is every restaurant open for this deal? It seems like a great deal. Is there any bad things with this deal? Is there any hidden charges? Thank you for any responses!!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Forums mobile app

All specialties are included except for Ocean Blue and the ala carte ones, like sushi. Those you get a discount on. The specialties have cover charges ranging from $15 for the Italian one up to $30 for the steakhouse. The others are $20 or $25. So, depending on which ones you choose to eat at, your savings may vary. And that is assuming you have no meals at any of the free venues like the MDRs, O'Sheehans, or the Buffet. We always end up eating 3 or 4 meals between those, so the UDP does not pay for us. Much cheaper to just pay a couple of cover charges. You'll have to figure out your own probable usage.

Hmm. Down low it mentions that "menu items" at Cagne's and LeBistro incur additional charges. I'd get clarification on that before purchasing this.

Here's the line item that you're referring to:

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

The additional charge incurred at either Cagney's or Le Bistro refers to a scenario where the passenger orders an additional entree. Other than that, "all items listed on the menus are included".

Here's the line item that you're referring to:

Q. ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM THE ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE?

A. No, all items listed on the menus are included in the package. Additional entrée charges also apply for dining at Cagney’s Steakhouse and Le Bistro.

The additional charge incurred at either Cagney's or Le Bistro refers to a scenario where the passenger orders an additional entree. Other than that, "all items listed on the menus are included".

Was all that on the FAQ? If so I missed the last part, sorry!

Has anyone tried the $119 restaurant deal? They say you can go to a different restaurant each day.

Keep in mind that you can go to more than one different restaurant per evening if that's your preference. Perhaps an early dinner at 5:30 at Cagney's and then a late supper at 9 at Le Bistro. Also, it doesn't have to be a complete meal. You could go to a second restaurant in the same evening simply for coffee and dessert. The value of these alternate scenarios might tip the scale for you when weighing the pros and cons of buying the UDP.

Hmm. Down low it mentions that "menu items" at Cagne's and LeBistro incur additional charges. I'd get clarification on that before purchasing this.

Sorry, I see Johnql already answered this question.

Edited by punkincc

Their are some "up charge" items, like lobster. But everything else on the menus are covered. I think I have seen it reported that people with the UDP were charged nothing extra. Maybe someone can clarify. You can generally order as many appys and sides as you wish, even without the UDP. A second main entree would generally not be allowed or you'd pay extra. Not sure what happens with the UDP.

The upcharge items are included with the UDP. The only additional charge is for ordering additional entrees.

Keep in mind that you can go to more than one different restaurant per evening if that's your preference. Perhaps an early dinner at 5:30 at Cagney's and then a late supper at 9 at Le Bistro. Also, it doesn't have to be a complete meal. You could go to a second restaurant in the same evening simply for coffee and dessert. The value of these alternate scenarios might tip the scale for you when weighing the pros and cons of buying the UDP.

Only in America do we think of getting two dinners:) This is a cool scenario, I didn't even think of going for lunch/brunch. Are these restaurants open for that, or only dinner? Starting to look like a value to me, might splurge.

Only in America do we think of getting two dinners:) This is a cool scenario, I didn't even think of going for lunch/brunch. Are these restaurants open for that, or only dinner? Starting to look like a value to me, might splurge.

Generally speaking, the specialty restaurants are only only for dinner, starting at 5:30. I've read where Teppanyaki is occasionally open for lunch (port days) but that's not a given.

We used the UDP on our last Breakaway cruise. We are going to do it again on our next (10/19). I enjoy pre-paying it and not worrying about how big our final bill is going to be at the end of the cruise. I like to pre-plan and prepay. By the time we get on the ship I have forgotten how much it cost. Works good for me! I relax and enjoy.

I was stunned during our last Breakaway adventure about two things. First, a few people do book two upcharge dining adventures per night! Yikes.........Second, dining venues do fill up and reservations are a good idea.

In terms of quality...... Le Bistro is VERY good. The best we had on the ship, despite the truly obnoxious drunk at the next table. La Cucina is fair. The atmosphere is good, perhaps the most relaxing. The food is OK, like a moderately priced chain in the US is OK. Cagney's has its ups and its downs. I think the meat quality is good. The service is good. The sides and starters are hit and miss. It seems to be the most frantic. We did not do Blue. I will not eat fish. Teppanyaki is great and fun. We enjoy Moderno. The salad bar is truly good! We also enjoyed lunch one day at the Shanghai Noodle Bar. Not included in the UPD, but worth the few bucks in our opinion.

We cruise a lot and love the Breakaway. Enjoy!

Gina

Edited by jerseyralph