Fort Lauderdale- Hilton Marina

divaofdisney

Was wondering if anyone has stayed here recently?? Reviews are mixed but overall does not seem to be too bad. Appears close to port and shuttle is available to and from port for a small fee. I have read to avoid west wing as it is in need of renovation but perhaps hotel already is aware of this. We have requested east side villa room. Would like an honest opinion on this if possible thanks in adance. Our cruise is not till July next year

We have stayed there several times over the last 3 years and prefer staying there. We have only been in the tower rooms and they are modern and clean. Before our first stay I was apprehensive also by the reviews, sure glad we gave it a try. Nice area being on the intercoastal waterway, water taxi stop just outside the front door. Places to eat just a few blocks down 17th street, nice pool. Food in their resteraunt is a bit pricey and so are drinks.

If you book it on Lastmintravel, you can usually get it for right around $100 a night. If you go to Lastmintravel on an IPAD the names of the hotels show up, so there is no guessing. After about the 15 of December the rates go up considerably.

We stayed there this past April. Room was good. Pool was nice, but the bar service was very $$$$. We walked down the road a short ways and there were a bunch of restaurants. We had signed up for early check in but had to wait quite some time but would definately stay here again.

Ten of us stayed there the weekend of 5/30/14 prior to our cruise and all really enjoyed the stay. On past cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale we had stayed at the Hyatt Place, or Hampton Airport North. This time we wanted to be right on a water taxi stop because a couple in our party could not walk a long distance and we knew we wanted to be able to take advantage of the water taxi, so the Hilton Marina fit that bill. Quite frankly I too was a little concerned about some Trip Advisor reviews, however our 4 rooms were great and so was the service. We got an excellent rate on a package that included breakfast and the transport from the hotel to the port. Breakfast was very good (omelets & eggs cooked to order) and we were in a van all to ourselves to the port. We asked for a time of 11:30 AM and they were ready and waiting. Also, we had an early flight into Ft. Lauderdale, got to the hotel about 10:45 AM, understanding our luggage would need to be stored. We went out for an early lunch and to our surprise, the hotel called and said our rooms were ready and we were all in by 1:00 PM. I can't comment on Lunch, dinner or drink prices, but I can say they far exceeded our expectations and I would stay there again. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!:)

If you book it on Lastmintravel, you can usually get it for right around $100 a night. If you go to Lastmintravel on an IPAD the names of the hotels show up, so there is no guessing. After about the 15 of December the rates go up considerably.

really?

I'm going to have to look when I get home.