Question about OBC

gacat93

Have a question...I've often had OBC when we cruise, but this time is different. My daughter's boyfriend is cruising with us. He will have his own account for charging things, but is there a way to prevent his charges from using the OBC in our cabin? Is the OBC specifically linked to my husband or I...or is it just floating around linked to the cabin only and therefore any purchases made my any of the room occupants will use it? As I said, I've never had OBC when I had a non-family member in my cabin so unsure how that works. Thanks.

I don't know all the ins and outs of OBC but I can tell you how it worked for us last year. 3 cabins all paid for by hubby and I. Our cabin and one other were on the same account as in our credit card was used for securing the charges. The third stateroom (again paid for by us and all three linked) had a different credit card used to secure the charges. The OBC was joint on the first two cabins and the third was listed separately. That is how Carnival did it not anything by our request. It didn't matter to us as the third cabin was oldest daughter and her hubby and kids. They used their card at check in.