Shark/ray alley with Coral Breeze

Tweety

We just returned from the Glory. We used Coral Breeze to do the Shark/ray alley tour. I booked them online after reading good things about them on these boards. We had a good time. I just wish their boats were the big ones you could sit up high on and see the scenery as you drive the 30 minutes to Caye Caulker. The coral is very close to the surface. We did see a lot of fish, some stingrays and tons of coral. You have to be very careful in some areas because you could actuallyscrape you legs and arms if you aren't paying attention. The area for the nurse sharks and stingrays is about a 5 minute ride after the snorkel. Try and get in right away, because once people start walking around it stirs up the sand, and makes it hard to see. One of the guides actually held a stingray for everyone to touch. Our girls really liked this. After this we went to Caye Caulker for lunch. The chicken sandwich was good, but my friend's daughters didn't care for the grilled cheese, which was more like cheese and lettuce on toast. I also don't care for the "Coke Light" on the islands. It tastes like Coke to me. Must be the different sweetener they use. I would use Coral Breeze again if I went there. We didn't care for being harassed by all the people wanting to give you a tour, or sell stuff. I don't think I could get off the ship here without having a tour of some kind booked.

Archived