Is Room 2217 A Port Hole Room On Magic

jtwanabe

. . . Would like to hear from someone who has actually stayed in the room.

I've stayed in 2217 on Carnival Dream (identical ship design) and can definitely verify that this cabin has the dual portholes, a twin bed, and a convertible twin sofa (which is a different height than the bed, so they cannot be put together).

The Carnival reps are probably saying that it isn't a porthole room because there are 2 different types of rooms that have portholes. One of those types is called "Porthole" or category PT. 2217 is not a category PT, which is probably why they are saying that it isn't a porthole room. 2217 is a category 1A room, or "Upper/Lower". Not all 1As have portholes, but 2217 does. In this room, the "upper" part of the "upper/lower" is the sofabed (not a pullout). It's already been pointed out that the 2 beds cannot be put together. That's what makes it a 1A. The PTs have 2 regular beds that can be pushed together. The beds are what makes the difference in those 2 categories: "Porthole" & "Upper/Lower (with portholes)".

For room pics, check cruiselinerooms dot com.

The Carnival reps are probably saying that it isn't a porthole room because there are 2 different types of rooms that have portholes . . .

Your "benefit of the doubt" approach is to be commended :), but the unfortunate truth of the matter is that the internal (intranet) info provided to the reservationists clearly indicates that 2216 & 2217 do not have portholes in these 1A cabins.

Even online when you attempt to book one of these 1A cabins, you have to go to the category that does not say Porthole 1A to find/book them. According to the site, the only Porthole 1As are on Riviera Deck.

It's unfair to the reservationists to continue having mis-information concerning 1A cabins provided to them year after year after year.

It is what is is. :rolleyes:

I was in 2217 on the Magic last October and the pics of the Dream equivalent cabin is exactly like that cabin on the Magic.

I may never sail in another cabin type again. The only thing it took a couple of minutes to get use to was the waves against the hull. At first it kind of sounded like a heavy metal door was being slammed somewhere down below deck 0, but then I realized what it was and just ignored it. It wasn't loud enough to bother me or my sister.