CCL Stock

txjudy54

Personally, I am long on CCL. I am in at $18.80 (2009). In that 5 years, I have roughly 1,500 in OBC and another $1,500 in dividends. At this point, the shares have more then paid for themselves, I continue to earn on dividends and OBCs, and I will stay long.

HOWEVER, if you just wanted to game the system, pickup a scottrade account, purchase 100 shares, print out the proof of ownership and email it in to get your shareholder OBC. Once the OBC clears (you will get an email), go to your scottrade account and sell your shares.

Scottrade will charge you $7 for the purchase and $7 for the sale. Best case, the stock makes at least a .14/share gain in those few days you own it and you break even on the trade (.14/share * 100 = $14.00), but you are up $100 in OBC. Worst case, the stock takes a nosedive, and you lose a little bit on the trade. BUT, as long as the stock goes down less then .86/share in the short period you own it, you come out in the black on the transaction.

Time it with a dividend payout, and you could net an extra $25 (dividends for the last 16 qtrs have been .25/share or better). You just missed the last one, payable on September 12, 2014, to stockholders of record on August 22, 2014. Next one should be around 3rd week of December.

NOTE: Past performance is no guarantee of future results

i have played that game for years.

I do have the stock and have scottrade. just was not sure when the dividends hit

Investing in the stock market is not part of my overall financial plan. I'm not the kind of person who does well with the ups and downs of the stock market.

That being said, I am seriously considering purchasing 100 shares of CCL for a short term gain. I have a 14 night cruise ($250) and then b2b 10 night and 11 night cruises ($100 & $100) within a year of each other (March 2015 and January 2016). I'd buy the stock basically just for the $450 OBC and then, assuming the stock hasn't lost ground (or too much anyway), I would sell it.

I have the money in a non interest bearing account (it's part of my cushion that I keep to cover at least 6 months of expenses in case of bad fortune) so even with a few dollars in buy / sell fees, I should come way ahead.

On the flip side, whenever I try to do something like that (all benefit, no down side) something seems to go wrong. With my luck, the stock will take a nose dive and I'll be out $1000. :rolleyes:

Investing in the stock market is not part of my overall financial plan. I'm not the kind of person who does well with the ups and downs of the stock market.

That being said, I am seriously considering purchasing 100 shares of CCL for a short term gain. I have a 14 night cruise ($250) and then b2b 10 night and 11 night cruises ($100 & $100) within a year of each other (March 2015 and January 2016). I'd buy the stock basically just for the $450 OBC and then, assuming the stock hasn't lost ground (or too much anyway), I would sell it.

I have the money in a non interest bearing account (it's part of my cushion that I keep to cover at least 6 months of expenses in case of bad fortune) so even with a few dollars in buy / sell fees, I should come way ahead.

On the flip side, whenever I try to do something like that (all benefit, no down side) something seems to go wrong. With my luck, the stock will take a nose dive and I'll be out $1000. :rolleyes:

IMHO since most of us cannot time the market best to pick stocks that you think will do well over the long run and keep them.

I think It will stay this way since NCL and RCCL also have similar programs

I would check the restrictions that NCL and RCCL place on ther shareholders OBC. They are both much more restrictive than Carnival.

I believe it was Warren Buffett who advised buying stock in businesses you understand.