Car services to Central London

wbc

My family and I are traveling to London in September via QM2 to visit relatives. Because there are four of us, two adults and two young children, we are considering hiring a car for the trip between Southampton and Central London.

Does anyone have experience with car services on this route? Any recommendations of services that are particularly reliable, offer good value, etc? Any ones to avoid? Also, are gratuities customary?

Looking forward to learning your insights,

Brad

Yes, I'd like to know about this too. My wife and I (along with a friend) are sailing in the opposite direction (UK to USA) aboard QE2 in January, and have been thinking about the possibility of hiring a car from London to Southampton.

We've gone on the Cunard coach from Victoria, and we've taken the train down as well. We've enjoyed both, but were thinking it might be fun to try something different.

Thanks

Tom

if you do a search on the "britain" board you will find several RAVING reviews for this company.

my parents used them last spring and can't say enough about them. their service, attitude and pricing cannot compare to anyone else around. do a search and see for yourself. they have a website and the address is among the other posts

Thanks for the suggestion, Cruz. We did just that last week, and heard back from Lynne, who books Woodford's ship transfers, within two days. She was extremely helpful and accommodating. The price was reasonable, too, for four passengers. They are even providing a booster seat for our four year old.

So far, so good. Will make another post to this thread to advise how the service works out (we are arriving 8 September).

if you do a search on the "britain" board you will find several RAVING reviews for this company.

my parents used them last spring and can't say enough about them. their service, attitude and pricing cannot compare to anyone else around. do a search and see for yourself. they have a website and the address is among the other posts

Cruz:

I too am making inquiries with Woodford for our January plans. Thanks for posting this information.

Tom:)

Archived