Cozumel 8-5-05

Mojoscruise

We were in Cozumel on friday 8-5-05, The weater was wonderful. We rented a Jeep from Hertz at the pier for $60 US including ins. and tax. Drove around and looked as some of the destruction of Emily and checked out Pardise beach. It was nice even though Emily was only a few weeks prior. The water was a lilttle cloudy but nobody can control that. The beach was a little crowded for my taste but I did find a nice hammoc between to palm trees that suited me for an hour or so. The only thing I had to eat was the salsa and chips which was very good. Didnt get to meet PB Tom. We were there a little early for him. The crowding problem maybe due to so many other beach areas closed due to the storm. That was our 3rd trip to Cozumel. I highly reccomend the Jeep it was a blast.

I was in Coz on 8/5 also. Did the Royal Dlphin Swim and then went to Paradise Beach. I did get to meet Tom. I thought the beach was crowded, but Tom said it wasn't compared to in season. He did say the water is usually clear, but with the hurrucane and tropical storm a few weeks back, it caused debris from land to go in the water. It was still a nice place.

Thanks for the update! I've seen various reviews about various excursion being closed due to storm damage. Did you pass by Tulum? I heard it was hit by the storm, but wasn't sure if it was closed down or worth going to.

Archived