Jellyfish season?

MAN86

In the Carribean, I was told the rule was Mother's Day to Father's Day for the thimble jellyfish (commonly known as sea lice.) I can honestly say they find me all times of the year. Just got back from Cozumel 2 weeks ago, and had the heck bit out of me!!

I agree with KaC-Cruiser. I was in Cozumel last week and had problems on my hands and nexk. wore a 2/3 mm suit for protection but know some folks who dove in swimsuits and they had problems.

I was wondering if the hurricane stirred the little buggers up!! :eek: Sorry they got you as well!! My DH dove with just a swimsuit and I think had 1 bite .... they never seem to go for him!

use Safe Sea lotion. It goes on like suntan lotion, and is supposed to prevent jelly fish and sea lice bites. We bought it off the internet last year. Search for "safe sea" and you should find it. We also saw it in a dive shop in St Thomas, so you probably can by it in a dive shop it port.

Better safe than sorry.

use Safe Sea lotion. It goes on like suntan lotion, and is supposed to prevent jelly fish and sea lice bites. We bought it off the internet last year. Search for "safe sea" and you should find it. We also saw it in a dive shop in St Thomas, so you probably can by it in a dive shop it port.

Better safe than sorry.

Actually I had purchased some, direct from their website, but they sent me the wrong stuff. Couldn't get me the replacements in time for my last trip. The dive shop only had the version with sunscreen included, and that's supposed to be bad for the wetsuit, so I didn't get it. There is a specific version labeled just for divers.

Archived