Upgrade fairy called today!

I got an email about an upgrade on the Carnival Liberty today.

We are on the September 13 saling.

They wanted to move us from our interior to an oceanview cabin. For only $50.00

I told her NO WAY!!!!! I would do it for a Balcony cabin but not oveanview on deck 1.

By the way, we are in a 4J on deck 10, Walkway view HC cabin.

I told her did not want to go down that many decks, she said, well you are on deck 1 now, cabin 1004. I told her to look again, we are on deck 10, she did not know those cabin numbers.

Would you have taken a "upgrade" (downgrade) from deck 10, walk way view, to deck 1 ocean view, and have to pay $50.00 more for the cruise, plus $32.00 more for the trip insurance we have with Carnival?

I got an email about an upgrade on the Carnival Liberty today.

We are on the September 13 saling.

They wanted to move us from our interior to an oceanview cabin. For only $50.00

I told her NO WAY!!!!! I would do it for a Balcony cabin but not oveanview on deck 1.

By the way, we are in a 4J on deck 10, Walkway view HC cabin.

I told her did not want to go down that many decks, she said, well you are on deck 1 now, cabin 1004. I told her to look again, we are on deck 10, she did not know those cabin numbers.

Would you have taken a "upgrade" (downgrade) from deck 10, walk way view, to deck 1 ocean view, and have to pay $50.00 more for the cruise, plus $32.00 more for the trip insurance we have with Carnival?

No, I wouldn't have taken that either. It sounds like the upsell fairy deals are not so good recently. I got an offer a couple weeks ago that I did not take because I didn't want to move down to a lower deck either.

No way. We absolutely love the 4Js and book them whenever we can get one, they go quickly. It's better than an oceanview because you just walk out of your cabin, around the corner and out the door to a "private" deck area. Not many people find these deck areas. The only cabin I would trade for is a balcony.

No way. We absolutely love the 4Js and book them whenever we can get one, they go quickly. It's better than an oceanview because you just walk out of your cabin, around the corner and out the door to a "private" deck area. Not many people find these deck areas. The only cabin I would trade for is a balcony.

Doing my first 4J in November

I would not have taken that either. I was just offered $30 for the same upgrade. Hubby and I decided only one we would consider is to balcony or suite. You sail the week before us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I love the walkway view rooms. For an inside price you get a really good room.

My favourite thing is to keep all the lights out with the curtain open after dark on a clear night to see the starts. Can't beat the experience for the price.

I would not take that as well.

You have to watch out for the Upgrade Trolls, they are PVP's in Miami but they work for "inventory" just calling number after number.

I've done well, inside to balcony and inside to Spa Balcony but you have to be careful.

Once got an offer to upgrade to an upper deck.... upper deck right, thinking its Spa Deck or Lido?

Nope it was THE "UPPER DECK" deck 5 Upper was the name of the deck. Troll was selling it like it was the top of the ship close to the Satellite Dish or something.

FWIW